• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now Legal to kill & Maim Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Hmm interesting - I was watching "police camera you're a chav" on tv the other night and one job was to break in to a woman's house because no-one had seen her for ages and they were worried and there flies buzzing around and so on.

It was dark. The woman was very much alive and very shocked when PC plod broke in. Under your rules, (and assuming like dear old Mr Martin she had managed to get hold of an illegal pump-action shotgun) she could have blasted the police and asked questions later.
    I think he would have preferred being shot after the abuse she gave him
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Hmm interesting - I was watching "police camera you're a chav" on tv
      Why do that to yourself?

Under your rules, (and assuming like dear old Mr Martin she had managed to get hold of an illegal pump-action shotgun) she could have blasted the police and asked questions later.
      You have twisted an extreme set of circumstances to suit your requirements

Comment

Hmm interesting - I was watching "police camera you're a chav" on tv the other night and one job was to break in to a woman's house because no-one had seen her for ages and they were worried and there flies buzzing around and so on.

It was dark. The woman was very much alive and very shocked when PC plod broke in. Under your rules, (and assuming like dear old Mr Martin she had managed to get hold of an illegal pump-action shotgun) she could have blasted the police and asked questions later.
        Did they knock on the door first? Was she deaf? Why break in at night FFS!

Comment

Thank you. I live and learn!
          My apologies for doubting you.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            By 'vermin' do you mean a from of life not dissimilar to your own and with whom you share a distant ancestor?
            I think you know what I mean.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
              Did they knock on the door first? Was she deaf? Why break in at night FFS!
              They hammered on the door for ages (and I mean hammered)

They did it at night because that was when it was reported

She wasn't deaf, she just didn't like police or anybody else, so wouldn't answer the door

When they eventually got a ram and broke in, she gave them loads of abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                They hammered on the door for ages (and I mean hammered)

They did it at night because that was when it was reported

She wasn't deaf, she just didn't like police or anybody else, so wouldn't answer the door

When they eventually got a ram and broke in, she gave them loads of abuse.
                Oh, right. The earlier post said no-one had heard from her for ages, seems like waiting a few more hours until daylight might have been reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                  Oh, right. The earlier post said no-one had heard from her for ages, seems like waiting a few more hours until daylight might have been reasonable.

And then find her a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    And then find her a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs
                    Or throw in a couple of stun grenades first?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      This is nothing new, it is NL playing to the popular vote again.
                      No doubt true, as the article says NL had rejected or sunk three Acts designed to deal with this and it seems Jack Straw only looked into it after he got into trouble himself!

Comment

Working...
                      X