• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now Legal to kill & Maim Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    How do you know he did?

He had form, too - not as much as the scum he shot, but he is hardly a shining example. He was banned from having a gun after a previous incident.

Booby trapping your house and shooting someone dead in the back is hardly the act of a hero, although I accept that the Police let him down and the kid was hardly a loss to society.
    Take a look at his mugshot and decide for yourselves whether he is a really bad man or not.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...tin_latest.jpg

I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      How do you know he did?

He had form, too - not as much as the scum he shot, but he is hardly a shining example. He was banned from having a gun after a previous incident.

Booby trapping your house and shooting someone dead in the back is hardly the act of a hero, although I accept that the Police let him down and the kid was hardly a loss to society.
      If you don't want to get shot, don't break into someone's home.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Earlier in the 20th century the fact of living in an isolated location and wanting a gun for self-protection was a common reason given on apllications for gun licences, and it was commonly accepted.
        Are you sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Take a look at his mugshot and decide for yourselves whether he is a really bad man or not.
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...tin_latest.jpg

I rest my case.
          Looks pretty much like most country folk to me.

Comment

I rest my case.
            Yeah! People should be judged on whether they look like nice people, not on the facts! Too right!

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
              Looks pretty much like most country folk to me.
              He doesn't look like a dangerous loon to you then? Country folk do seem to like killing things though, so you maybe you're onto something. Only a short hop from killing foxes to shooting burglars.

Comment

Only a short hop from killing foxes to shooting burglars.

Comment

He doesn't look like a dangerous loon to you then? Country folk do seem to like killing things though, so you maybe you're onto something. Only a short hop from killing foxes to shooting burglars.
                  You're reacting in exactly the way the media wants you to. You might like to look at the other 5,473 photos of the guy that the journos sifted through in order to find the most 'evil looking' one.

Comment

Oi you, get orrf my laand

(Effin townie)

Comment

Only a short hop from killing foxes to shooting burglars.
                      Clearly that is a load of rubbish, but then again they are both vermin.
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X