• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now Legal to kill & Maim Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Leaving your front door open and sitting behind a steel wall isnt exactly dealing with burglars though is it?

Defending your property and family against burglars is not in question. You have the right to do so even to the extent of killing the scrote.

Also this new law is a murderers charter. Get your enemy round for drinkies beat em to death then report them for breaking in. How about shoot the wife with a shotgun and tell the police she was supposed to be in Scotland this week.

I also suspect that if you shoot a burglar the police will want to know why your gun cupboard is easier to access than your phone, you are not allowed to keep them under the bed you know (guns not phones).
    Point taken.

I will now start keeping my phone in the shotgun cabinet.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Leaving your front door open and sitting behind a steel wall isnt exactly dealing with burglars though is it?

Defending your property and family against burglars is not in question. You have the right to do so even to the extent of killing the scrote.

Also this new law is a murderers charter. Get your enemy round for drinkies beat em to death then report them for breaking in. How about shoot the wife with a shotgun and tell the police she was supposed to be in Scotland this week.

I also suspect that if you shoot a burglar the police will want to know why your gun cupboard is easier to access than your phone, you are not allowed to keep them under the bed you know (guns not phones).
      I know all about gun ownership, TLG.

I also know all about the Tony Martin case. My uncle and family live in the same village.

Defending your property is right and just. That is all I am saying.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Imaginative, aren't you?

Comment

Get your local drug dealers and child molesters round for drinkies beat em to death then report them for breaking in..

Gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            It's the automatic administration of the death penalty that I think is questionable in a civilised society.
            Civilised to break into someone's home is it? Maybe break in, tie you up, stab you 200+ times, torture you, then burn you. Civilised is it?

No.

If someone breaks in then yes - they are fair game to be shot. There is a reason why the burglaries in the US are lower than here when the place is occupied.

Comment

Does the "I was cleaning it and it just went off" excuse still stand?

I'm sure a lot of you use that excuse
              B00med!

Comment

You have no idea what that man had endured, TLG. Should he have done that? Course not. Was it understandable that he ended up doing it? To me - yes - wholly and completely and without any doubt. I totally see why he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                  Civilised to break into someone's home is it? Maybe break in, tie you up, stab you 200+ times, torture you, then burn you. Civilised is it?

No.

If someone breaks in then yes - they are fair game to be shot. There is a reason why the burglaries in the US are lower than here when the place is occupied.
                  I always thought that was because they work such crazy hours and get no holidays (as they are always telling us) they are never in.

No answer to my question I see, so let's try another. I see a bloke driving like a loon in a BMW, overtaking on blind bends etc. Am I within my rights to ram him off the road to stop his uncivilised and illegal behaviour?

Comment

I always thought that was because they work such crazy hours and get no holidays (as they are always telling us) they are never in.

No answer to my question I see, so let's try another. I see a bloke driving like a loon in a BMW, overtaking on blind bends etc. Am I within my rights to ram him off the road to stop his uncivilised and illegal behaviour?
                    I usually just swerve a little in front of them and hope they go off the road (and that's the truth)

Comment

I think a better example might be that if you see someone nicking stuff from your car, or the car itself. Can you blow them away?

Comment

Working...
                      X