• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil prices resumed climbing yesterday as ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    You need to understand the over-the-top nature of Iranian rhetoric.

Their version of "Welcome to my house. Please come in" translates literally as "Please step upon my eyeball".

Their version of "How are the kids?" translates literally as "Your children are the crown upon your head. I long to die a martyr's death for them".

So testing missiles is just their way of saying "Steady on chaps. Let's have a chat about Israel".

And when they shot that female british copper in the 80's I suppose we misunderstood the poor souls !!!

And when they held all of those US hostages in Tehran in 1979 for a year or so, they were so misunderstood !!

If we trust this lot we will live(or should I say die) to regret it.

Comment

This weekend I will pay above 120p/litre for the first time.
      This is going to seriously impact this country. With people having to pay that much for petrol, more for domestic bills... I wouldn't like to be in business selling anything that can be deemed luxurious for the next few years. And I'm so glad I didn't decide to buy a flat a couple of years ago, renting seems smart now.

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
        Can you read between the lines ? US > IRAQ > IRAN > OIL . Anyone ?
        It's funny how the left simultaenously claim to be for the poor yet object to the western nations caring about oil. If oil price goes up as we are experiencing now it's the poor that will be hammered most. Another short circuit in the left's mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          Lets see. Attack Iran and Oil prices go through the roof. Dick Cheney's old company makes even more billions. hmm... well its a done deal then!
          Then they could build that pipline from Afghanistan through Iran, instead of annexing south-western Pakistan.

Iran attack Israel. LOL will never happen. the reverse? Its a matter of when no if. But I see parallel-speak with what was said prior to Iraq.
          With the history of aggression against Israel by the Arab Nations, I would not blame them in the slightest for taking out the reactors in Iran.
          Remember, Israel has had a very powerful nuclear missile capability since 1966, and have been developing and refining it for many years, and they have not used it in those 40 years. Would you trust the Mad Mullahs in Iran to show such restraint?
          Iran & Iraq used poison gas on each other and on civilians, Had either side possessed Nuclear capability during the Iran v Iraq war, it would have been used.

Wake up and smell the coffee!
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            With the history of aggression against Israel by the Arab Nations, I would not blame them in the slightest for taking out the reactors in Iran.
            Remember, Israel has had a very powerful nuclear missile capability since 1966, and have been developing and refining it for many years, and they have not used it in those 40 years. Would you trust the Mad Mullahs in Iran to show such restraint?
            Iran & Iraq used poison gas on each other and on civilians, Had either side possessed Nuclear capability during the Iran v Iraq war, it would have been used.

Wake up and smell the coffee!
            That's okay becaue two muslim countries bombing each other would be alright.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              And when they shot that female british copper in the 80's I suppose we misunderstood the poor souls !!!
              That was the Libyans. And the least you could do, if you're going to use her memory (incorrectly) to justify your ranting, is to remember her name: WPC Yvonne Fletcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                Yes, but that was totally justified and ended the Second World War months and maybe years before it would have done otherwise.
                Oh well that's OK then. After all it was only thousands of innocent civilians that died.
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Think about this. What was Bush saying prior attacking Iraq ? WMD , Weapons of Mass Destruction , said over and over again. The people were purposely frightened. If US was in such scare of WMD then why did not reach an agreement through diplomacy ? Well.

And now the scheme is the same. They say. "Iran is trying to develop WMD" . FFS you bullies ! How long they have they been developing it ? How do you know they haven't finished developing it ? Stop saying "they are trying to develop". Stop frightening people again.

US is not trying to stop Iran of creating WMD else they would have led diplomatic discussion. OIL interests behind the US administration , which Bushes are known to be their business , is trying to continue the OIL prices mayhem which was achieved by attacking IRAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                    Oh well that's OK then. After all it was only thousands of innocent civilians that died.
                    I don't know much about Japanese history, but does deciding whether nuking Japan was justified or not depend to some extent on whose history books you read?

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                      more like millions? even so I hate judging historical events by modern standards. Now it looks like a v v bad thing. But I have never heard anyone alive at the end of the second world war say it was a bad thing. My grandfather said Britain caused WW2 by the treaty of Versailles - and he lost 2 brothers at Galipolli.

Comment

Working...
                      X