• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I were Prime Minister....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Invest 0.00000000000000000000001% of GDP in figuring out a 21st century solution to nuclear energy generation, instead of zero or investing in old nuclear technology. Bring together the worlds top scientists Manhatten project style. Also get the Severn barrage built.

2. Create a 21st century information superhighway to be the envy of the world.

3. Create proper cycle lanes, with a curb, 'cos many roads are suicidal for cyclists. Also tax car users like there is no tomorrow and stop building new roads.

4. Provide tax incentives for not breeding.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
      Ok, if you had to list your top 5 things you would change, what would they be?

Mine:-

1. Benefit system overhaul.
      2. Immigration.
      3. Political correctness.
      4. Taxes and public sector spending ( wasting).
      5. Bring back the cane in Schools.
      I'll vote for you then!

I'll add...

6. Build more prisons, and hand out much longer sentences for serious crimes.
      7. Abolish road tax and introduce smart cards at petrol pumps, so illegal vehicles can't fill up anymore, thus stamping out uninsured scumbags.
      8. Scrap the TV licence.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

1. Bring back corporal punishment in schools
        2. Abolish political correctness
        3. Leave the EU, reinstate imperial measures
        4. Hardball immigration laws
        5. Re-instate the death penalty and add public flogging for thieves, muggers and rapists etc
        6. Ban speed cameras
        7. Raise 40% tax threshold to 100k but massively tax all the city-types with second homes in the country.
        8. Reverse the dumbing down of the education system, make degrees hard enough to be worth having.
        9. Deport all chavs to France
        10. Make hip-hop and gangsta rap a flogging offence
        Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
        "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
        Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

For all the candidates who plan on "abolishing political correctness" - what is it and what precisely would you do as PM to achieve this?

Comment

For starters:
            • Arrest all members of nuLieBore and their collaborators.
            • Restore the death penalty for treason and apply it to those detained under the first act.
            • Withdraw from the EU.
            • Cut public spending including cancelling the pension agreements for the vast numbers of extra public sector employees that were created.
            • CUT TAXES.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              2 years national service for anyone 16 or over not in full time education.
              Doing what?

Paid for by whom?

Not out of my taxes, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                For all the candidates who plan on "abolishing political correctness" - what is it and what precisely would you do as PM to achieve this?
                It's not possible to explain this properly in a short paragraph without coming across as rather right wing, but it would be a case of turning things around so that people are not afraid to tackle issues in fear of being branded racists or bullys.

For instance, the Government sets targets to recruit % of ethnic into the workforce. If you go for a job how can you be assured you are not being discriminated against because you were born in a category outside the recruitment target, despite being the best person for the job? Isn't that discrimination in itself labelled under the guise of stopping discrimination?

Just one example of many which seems to get accepted, but is it correct, or just politically correct? It actually draws attention and creates divisions in society rather than removing them.

Sometimes the pragmatic approach is better and should always be an option, not overlooked in fear of offending people etc.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Stop this fiasco

Deport anybody that supports this sort of Idiocy

Kill anybody that does this and the judges that think it's a petty crime

That's just a start
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Doing what?

Paid for by whom?

Not out of my taxes, thanks.
                    If giving this agegroup some discipline reduced crime and prison occupation by even 20% over forthcoming years and gave them some work ethics (therefore paying taxes and not claiming dole), it would probably pay for itself, and eradicate a lot of hoodies and chavs off the streets?
                    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Deport anybody that supports this sort of Idiocy
                      Anybody working for, or reading, the Daily Mail to be hung, drawn & quartered for crimes against journalism.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X