• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I were Prime Minister....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Its illegal to set quotas. Sue them.
    They aren't doing now as they got a slap on the wrists for doing it some time ago.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

1. Ban sex education for children. The teaching of four year olds will only lead to further experimentation and child pregnancies.

2. Bring public sector pensions in line with private sector pensions to reduce the burden on the taxpayer. I read yesterday that some woman at the BBC is due for a pension of 190,000 pounds a year!!

3. Murderers to have a choice. Life means LIFE behind bars or lethal injection for murder. All violent crime must also have a custodial sentence coupled with compensation paid personally to the victims.

4. Allow people to jump the health service queue by opting to pay a high percentage of the costs of an operation. This will add extra finance to the health service while reducing costs.

5. Politicians proven to have lied to be automatically sacked.

6. Householders cannot be taken to court for injuring burglars.

7. People must get a permit to have children and can only do so once married and with sufficient funds to afford to bring them up and the number allowed will be based on affordability.

8. Benefits automatically stop after 1 year for all but the seriously disabled.

9. Means-testing to be abolished to encourage longterm saving.

10. Implement a Flat rate tax and sack 90% of IR

11. Withdraw from the EU

12. Remove the Human Rights Act that the fool Blair incorporated into English Law.

13. All immigrants have to adhere to British Law and learn english

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        So you're going to ban petrol cans too, presumably?
        Of course!

No more self service at the pump either. We'll be back to attended service with a free windscreen wash and magic tree with every fill up (paid for by the reduction in fuel duty).
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          tennis ball - she's a PE teacher.
          PE teachers always used to be the most dictatorial. Does she make kids play sports in their underwear if they forget their kit? I had that at my primary school, even in winter, designed to humiliate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
            PE teachers always used to be the most dictatorial. Does she make kids play sports in their underwear if they forget their kit? I had that at my primary school, even in winter, designed to humiliate you.
            You were his little teachers pet; weren't you ?
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Most of the answers seem to answer the question of what's good for me in a roundabout way, so why not let's stop beating about the bush and just say 'fill my bank account with loot and give me all the other things I want too'?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                1. Ban sex education for children. The teaching of four year olds will only lead to further experimentation and child pregnancies.

2. Bring public sector pensions in line with private sector pensions to reduce the burden on the taxpayer. I read yesterday that some woman at the BBC is due for a pension of 190,000 pounds a year!!

3. Murderers to have a choice. Life means LIFE behind bars or lethal injection for murder. All violent crime must also have a custodial sentence coupled with compensation paid personally to the victims.

4. Allow people to jump the health service queue by opting to pay a high percentage of the costs of an operation. This will add extra finance to the health service while reducing costs.

5. Politicians proven to have lied to be automatically sacked.

6. Householders cannot be taken to court for injuring burglars.

7. People must get a permit to have children and can only do so once married and with sufficient funds to afford to bring them up and the number allowed will be based on affordability.

8. Benefits automatically stop after 1 year for all but the seriously disabled.

9. Means-testing to be abolished to encourage longterm saving.

10. Implement a Flat rate tax and sack 90% of IR

11. Withdraw from the EU

12. Remove the Human Rights Act that the fool Blair incorporated into English Law.

13. All immigrants have to adhere to British Law and learn english
                Excellent post.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I had that too after genuinely forgetting my PE kit. To be fair Mr Brown used to strip to to his vest and pants too!

Comment

One year when I was about 7 or 8yrs old I had a very nasty piece of work bitch of a teacher who would make me do mine in my pants even if I brought my kit in.
                    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                      Excellent post.
                      Agreed. A few nice ideas in this thread and some should form the policies for the "Common Sense Party".

Comment

Working...
                      X