• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ken Livingston should...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zathras View Post
    Why beer (you also cannot on the terraces of a football match either). If you are hot and dehydrated then beer is not going to help alcohol equally dehydrates you. Drink water instead.

Boris has done what he promised in the election to do. That is more than Ken did as he tended to have 'consultations' that he then ignores such as the Western Extension of the congestion charge.

He also said that only an idiot would get rid of the Routemaster then promptly did so making him either an idiot or a liar. We in London do not want an idiot and have no desire for a liar.

Oh and what did he replace the Routemaster with. Bendy buses that cannot go down many London Roads, kill more pedestrians and cyclists than any other bus and for which more people avoid fairs because of the silly entrance in too many doors. That and there are less of them, with less seats so one just ends up standing. Not fun for shorties like me - stuck in some smelly g*ts armpit and wacked across the head as a backpack is swung around.
    I don't go to football matches. Water is not going to get me drunk*

*And don't one of you anal miscreants on here today google water toxicity and say that you can, actually, if you drink vast amounts.

Comment

Well done

Actually Johnson has done a lot of things in the 2 months or so that has been in power, such as:
      1. Getting rid of all Ken's cronies, including HIS PARTNER FFS that was employed earning close to 6 figures a year, along with several 'ethnic', 'cultural' and other 'officers', totalling millions.
      2. Abolishing Ken's soviet-style newspaper 'The Londoner' saving a few millions a year.
      3. Cancelling out the increased £ 25 charge for larger vehicles that Ken was so in love with.
      4. Taking the 1st step in consulting with the residents of West London with a view of abolishing the extended 'congestion tax' zone.
      5. Cutting the size of the over-inflated Olympic budget by a couple of BILLION.
      Next, I propose:
      6. Abolishing the 'congestion tax' zone altogether and sending Capita packing back to Coventry.
      7. Abolishing Crossrail and saving another £ 16bn in the process.
      What people want (in London and everywhere in the UK) is that local (council) and national taxes go down, not up every year. Would it be nice if that happened?

Comment

Where is the:
        • Be wheeled out in front of a firing squad

option???

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          Where is the:
          • Be wheeled out in front of a firing squad

option???
          Way too quick. Not nearly enough suffering involved.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Way too quick. Not nearly enough suffering involved.
            Depends what you shoot him with.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
              Depends what you shoot him with.....
              Alright, darts for the eyes, a blunderbuss for the family jewels, then can he be sandblasted followed by a fine mist of pepper spray, mace and CS, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                Actually Johnson has done a lot of things in the 2 months or so that has been in power....
                All good stuff, but is he going to sort out the north / south circular?
                And FFS people, get rid of the M4 bus lane.
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  All good stuff, but is he going to sort out the north / south circular?
                  And FFS people, get rid of the M4 bus lane.
                  1) What's he going to do? Compulsorily purchase all of the houses that line it and turn it into another M25? That'll be a vote-winner.

2) Fair point.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    1) What's he going to do?
                    Make it one way (clockwise) with no traffic lights
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                      Make it one way (clockwise) with no traffic lights
                      Good one - you should go into town planning....
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X