• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eating Healthy during day recipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eat strawberries and lots of them, they are really cheap at the moment and very healthy for you, I love them t loads of them everyday

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      NP:
      1. In the morning, buy yoghurt instead of coffee.
      2. At lunchtime, buy a salad instead of burger and chips.
      3. In the afternoon, have water and some fruit instead of cola and chocolate bars.

HTH.
      That's fine for a jungle-dwelling chimp.

We have a tea-trolley three times a day laden with bacon butties, hot sausage rolls, crisps, chocolate, cakes and biccies.

ClientCo is slowly killing me.
      Lordy me, I wasn't implying that I'd eat crap like that myself

This was a recommendation to somebody else.

For my diet, see my reply to the doggy's post - although I don't eat eggs, so I'd replace that with a sausage or two.

And I'd replace the chips with a fried slice if I wasn't overly peckish - no point guzzling

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
        Or, I could just shoot myself in the face. Besides, anyone that buys a salad in McDonalds is a homo.
        Who said anything about McDonalds? Lettuce-munchers have a veritable plethora of retail emporia anxious to pander to their delusional dietary aspirations

It's finding a decent fry-up that's getting difficult these days

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
          Yeah, one day's food, if you're a field mouse.
          Using 100g a portion, usually, or a can:

Code:
          Muesli                   220 Cal

Rice                     300 Cal
          Beans                    330 Cal
          Bread (2 slices)         100 Cal
          Apple                      ? Cal

Spuds                     80 Cal
          Sausage(2)               100?Cal
          Bread (2 slices)         100 Cal
          Creamed Rice             390 Cal
                                  ----
                                  1620 Cal
                                  ----
          Target should be say 2500 Cal / day, so that leaves 880 Cal to get from cheap high energy items like lard/butter/fat and sugar. (200g sugar or 100g butter). It's surprising how much we need to eat a day. We are eating machines.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            It's surprising how much we need to eat a day. We are eating machines.
            We're being fattened up for...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              We're being fattened up for...
              I'm surpised people get fat with the amount of eating it requires.They must be at it all day every day Our brains use 20% of the energy expended and being warm blooded has a high energy cost. Muscles also burn up a lot of energy, even when they are doing nothing.

Hey, have they fixed this website, I can see the emoticons without some being obscured by other links on the page.

Comment

I'm surpised people get fat with the amount of eating it requires.They must be at it all day every day Our brains use 20% of the energy expended and being warm blooded has a high energy cost. Muscles also burn up a lot of energy, even when they are doing nothing.

Hey, have they fixed this website, I can see the emoticons without some being obscured by other links on the page.
                Do you not think it's rather a coincidence that Gordon bleats on about food bills and wastage exactly 54 years after the ending of food rationing in Britain? (7 July 1954)

Comment

Do you not think it's rather a coincidence that Gordon bleats on about food bills and wastage exactly 54 years after the ending of food rationing in Britain? (7 July 1954)
                  Can't be coincidence. Gordon is into green food and recycling. I think only Gordon and any small boy knows that there is only one edible green food

Comment

Can't be coincidence. Gordon is into green food and recycling. I think only Gordon and any small boy knows that there is only one edible green food
                    Soylent Green Is People!!!

That should be one of the CUK expressions...

Comment

Soylent Green Is People!!!

That should be one of the CUK expressions...
                      It's been too long since I've seen Soylent Green (if at all) to remember much about it. When was it last shown on TV?

Comment

Working...
                      X