• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 worst places to live in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 7 is a great place to live !!

cheap housing - plenty of single mothers... some with only 2 or 3 kids !!

They are few and far between - In this neck woods these real catches are classed as virgins.

House prices in this area over the past 12 months have gone up by 55% the average house there is about 60k.

I have about 10 clients in this place and can honestly say.. It's not that bad.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

What a load of old bollocks this is if Swindon doesn't feature. Plus, no Liverpool either?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        We are talking of Blaenau Gwent, wc2?

The air up there is so rarified you must have got mountain sickness or something...
        Yes, The air is a little thin, There's also a sign post which reads "there be monsters here" - That's just the women.
        Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
          What a load of old bollocks this is if Swindon doesn't feature. Plus, no Liverpool either?
          Or Hayes
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bristol

Whats wrong with Bristol?

Its not that bad.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working close to Reading, even I have to say that Nottingam is better (definately for shopping and beer).

But a a Nottingham resident, your chances of getting your car vandalised/pinched and being mugged on the way home from the pub are getting greater be the day...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
                Working close to Reading, even I have to say that Nottingam is better (definately for shopping and beer).

But a a Nottingham resident, your chances of getting your car vandalised/pinched and being mugged on the way home from the pub are getting greater be the day...
                They weighted it far too heavily on crime. It's true nottinghamshire is pretty bad for burlgary. But muggings and gun crime are confined to the certain areas. I rented near one, and it's not as bad as the rough areas in the bigger cities. If drugs dealers are shooting drugs dealers why does that make life worse for none drugs dealers?

I'd say if you're under 50 nottingham is one of the better places to live in the UK def top 20.

Now wembley/brent didn't get a mention at all, despite their being murders in very public places,numerous rapes and burglaries for example my mates house being burgled 3 times in 18 months mind you this is probably recorded as one offence.

It's OK for 29 year old kirsty to look at some stats (lets face it in many places people dont bother reporting crime) and tell us where to live without actually ever living outside her little affluent part of the UK.

They should have asked contractors!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

One thing we all agree. Hull is hell.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    According to channel 4

1 - Hull
                    2 - Nottingham
                    3 - Strabane
                    4 - Hackney, London
                    5 - Middlesbrough
                    6 - Mansfield
                    7 - Blaenau Gwent, S Wales
                    8 - Merthyr Tydfil, S Wales
                    9 - Salford, Gtr Manchester
                    10 - Easington, County Durham

Programme seemed a little biased e.g. Hackney did better then it should have because of the impending olympic regeneration.
                    Well as someone who lives in Hackney I think their criteria is a bit narrow. Within about 10 minutes walk I can be in the square mile, 35 miles from Stanstead 2-3 from the A12, call it another 5 miles to the M11 I've got Tube Stations about 10-15 minutes from me (Liverpool Street and Old Street). I can get to one of the world's leading theatre districts for a measly 80pence - with an Oyster Card.

Another few minutes I can have a very pleasent walk along a canal - The Regents Canal, to a huge park, and forget I'm actually in the center of one of the World's largest cities.

Saturday night and the area around Haggerston is buzzing with a lively night life

My property has more than doubled in value in 8 years, but is still considerably cheaper than down the road in the Square Mile.

However I will grant that the schools in Hackney define the word tulipe. Crime is high in some areas but in 8 years I've never been a victim of it.
                    Last edited by zathras; 12 August 2005, 12:00.

Comment

How can you put Swindon on a list of worst places to live?

Almost zero crime.
                      Full employment.
                      No foreigners (unless you include those from Wootton Bassett).
                      And 2 pubs.

Fcuking brill

Comment

Working...
                      X