• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 worst places to live in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's more interesting are towns that are different from their surrounding region:

Aylesbury - grey and ugly
    Bridgwater (Somerset) - deserted - like the Wild West.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
      Govan isn't even in the top 5 worst places in Glasgow no matter top 10 in Britain.

Much as I love my country and all I'm amazed the not a single Scottish town made it on the list. Classic example of english bias yet again ...
      Sorry snaw, but I worked in Glasgow for three months a few years ago and rather liked it.

Apart from the weather of course. I was there throughout the "summer".

True, I stayed in the Hilton and mostly frequented the city centre in the evenings, but I did pass through Govan when I went running.

Comment

Originally posted by dephunked
        Aylesbury - grey and ugly
        The bit around the council offices certainly is, but I'll soon be working in Aylesbury, in a nicer bit than that.

Incidentally, if you think Aylesbury is grey and ugly, wait until you've done Croydon. And B-block in the Home Office (above the Whitgift centre) is the most utterly depressing building I have ever worked in. It was even worse than the draughty portakabin in Stuttgart I was stuck in during mid-winter. This had leaking sewage pipes under the floor, necessitating permanently open windows in minus 10 degrees and the wearing of thick coats. I call that my "Himmler's Revenge" contract.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          This had leaking sewage pipes under the floor, necessitating permanently open windows in minus 10 degrees and the wearing of thick coats. I call that my "Himmler's Revenge" contract.
          Wow, that sounds like my pikey flat.
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
            Wow, that sounds like my pikey flat.
            Sounds like Nokia in Ulm...

Comment

And they're wanting a contractor out in San Francisco...
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                And they're wanting a contractor out in San Francisco...
                Are you leaving us then Threaded?

BTW, did I guess correctly about the "Life of Brian" reference in your other post?

Comment

No, just a public service to a fellow contractor.

Yes it was Life of Brian.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X