• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lack of cut and paste

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of cut and paste

I notice that the level of plain cut 'n' paste posting is at an all time low. To help, here's a post that should lead to a racially motivated exchange of insults.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4139594.stm

Some 62% of the national population believe "multiculturalism makes Britain a better place to live", according to the poll.

At the same time, 58% thought "people who come to live in Britain should adopt the values of and traditions of British culture".

Among Muslims, 87% thought multiculturalism improved British society, but only 28% thought people coming from abroad should adopt British culture and values.

Both Muslims and the broader population disagreed strongly with the suggestion that the policy of multiculturalism had failed and should be abandoned.

Only 2% of the national population described themselves as "very racially prejudiced", but a third said they thought Islam was "incompatible with the values of British democracy".

Discuss blah.......abuse....blah

Can someone please define multiculturalism in this context.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

multi = many
      culturalism = pertaining to ones culture, background, way of life.

Therefore multiculturalism = many different cultures

Was that too hard for you Chico?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        multi = many
        culturalism = pertaining to ones culture, background, way of life.

Therefore multiculturalism = many different cultures

Was that too hard for you Chico?
        Well, it's not mentioned in the "New Junior Bible - with COLOR Illustrations"...

Comment

Ok smart alec what does that actually mean in Britain today?? What does that mean in realityto people who live here?
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

That's exactly what this BBC "survey" is showing: no-one has a clue. You should dive into the readers comments: people are blurring the definitions multi-racial, multi-cultural and integration into trite comments like "we wouldn't have chicken tikka mossala" and "warm beer and cricket" for instance.

I notice the leather patched jacket types at the BBC have spent most of this week flapping and churning out these stories as though their whole idealogy was collapsing right in front of their eyes.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              That's exactly what this BBC "survey" is showing: no-one has a clue. You should dive into the readers comments: people are blurring the definitions multi-racial, multi-cultural and integration into trite comments like "we wouldn't have chicken tikka mossala" and "warm beer and cricket" for instance.

I notice the leather patched jacket types at the BBC have spent most of this week flapping and churning out these stories as though their whole idealogy was collapsing right in front of their eyes.
              I think it's a Bliar Brainwashing Corporation exercise...

If we hear the results often enough on the Radio and see them on the Goggle box then we'll be convinced that all is right with the world... and that the MMB don't want to wipe us off the face of the planet.

MMB - Muslim Murdering Bastards
              Last edited by SupremeSpod; 11 August 2005, 08:13.

Comment

At the same time, 58% thought "people who come to live in Britain should adopt the values of and traditions of British culture".
                Funny though how about 95% of the British living abroad don't adopt the local values and traditions, if anything they become MORE British.

Till i see the British doing what they preach in regards to this they will remain little more than hipocrites to me.

And for once in his life chico actually had a valid question/point, you would be very susprised how many different interpretations the man on the street has of "multiculturalism". Which explains why you have two nearly totally contradictory results for what really is same question put two different ways.
                "Does multiculturalism make Britain a better place" vs "people who come to Britain should adopt British values/traditions"

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                  you would be very susprised how many different interpretations the man on the street has of "multiculturalism". Which explains why you have two nearly totally contradictory results for what really is same question put two different ways.
                  "Does multiculturalism make Britain a better place" vs "people who come to Britain should adopt British values/traditions"
                  Do you not think that it is for precisely that reason the questions were asked in this manner?

You can obtain any results you want - if you ask the right question...

Comment

...yeah there's lots of "cringe" TV about Brits settling abroad (and staying British really), maybe this is old stuff coz I watch BBC-Prime in Switzerland (basically old junk shipped abroad for johnny foreigner).

But just as a by-the-by, there seems to programme after programme on buying houses, there's even a documentary about an Estate Agent

I mean who the **** is interested in an Estate Agent...

Do people actually watch that stuff in the UK ?????
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X