• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I actually failed Baseline Check Enhanced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all who have commented. I did indeed declare all speeding points. I see a couple of u have agreed that I'm being fobbed off.

C**ts should never be allowed to do this! I will put it behind me but just wish there was a formal avenue to express my thoughts and views on the whole process as it stinks.

Bye for now.

Mike

Comment

The more I think about this the angrier I get. I got offered the job within minutes of leaving the interview. A few inside buddies told me that I was considered the ideal candidate. Then not to get it in this way is infuriating.

How do I write directy to that Jacqui Smith woman?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Naturally not, It Would Be Wrong of You To Do So...
        NIWBWYTDO Which leg?

Comment

I thought speeding fines were pretty much ubiquitous these days? Anyone not been ticketed?
          At the risk of not tempting fate, me.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Then they would say that he was over-qualified and reject him.

Once they have their mind made up there is nothing to be done.
            Indeed. A chap was telling me the other week about going for a (permy) web role at a newspaper (the one on pink paper). They told him that they didn't think he'd find the job sufficiently challenging after the kind of work he'd done at <not the biggest search engine company>.

He reassured them that this wouldn't be a problem, and that although the work wouldn't be on the scale he was used to he was sure he'd be perfectly happy with it. So they then said that he didn't seem sufficiently motivated to take on a challenging role and showed him the door

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              NIWBWYTDO Which leg?
              It depends...

Comment

Sorry, I just can't let this go.

I was told by the agency and the HMPS that I'd failed SC security clearance. But the HMPS HR dept head office in London have said I didn't fail security clearance but "pre-employment checks". They also like to say at the end of every piece of correspondence that there is no appeal process. However, I've found this:

http://pso.hmprisonservice.gov.uk/ps...-procedure.htm

Something stinks here.....there is no way I have been treated honestly or fairly as the recruitment code aims to achieve. I think I need a solicitor. However, any free advice from u guys would be welcomed.

Mike

Comment

Tell you wot, as I'm on the bench I'll use my clearance to do the job you tell me what to do. My margins are quite reasonable...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I thought speeding fines were pretty much ubiquitous these days? Anyone not been ticketed?
                    Not since 1990 - I have a foolproof way of avoiding getting speeding fines.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Tell you wot, as I'm on the bench I'll use my clearance to do the job you tell me what to do. My margins are quite reasonable...
                      JOB DESCRIPTION
                      ------------------
                      1. Do some database extracts and copy them onto CDs. Post the CDs to someone. Anyone, really.

2. Make sure they give you a laptop. Leave it in the back of a taxi.

3. Should you manage to get your mitts on any protectively marked paperwork, then a train journey is in order.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X