• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I actually failed Baseline Check Enhanced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Not since 1990 - I have a foolproof way of avoiding getting speeding fines.
    Cycle?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy1970 View Post
      The more I think about this the angrier I get. I got offered the job within minutes of leaving the interview. A few inside buddies told me that I was considered the ideal candidate. Then not to get it in this way is infuriating.

How do I write directy to that Jacqui Smith woman?

Mike
      Write to your MP, especially if he is labour.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Not since 1990 - I have a foolproof way of avoiding getting speeding fines.
        Aha..another member "in the know" :-)

For the record, I discovered the "system" in 1987, and it's worked for me ever since.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Me!

Stopped numerous times but never prosecuted.
          Did you wear a short skirt and start crying?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Did you wear a short skirt and start crying?
            Oi, I'm not the wet lettuce who wears eyeliner!

Remember that!

Comment

They've probably got your name mixed up with some high up member of Al Qaeda. Expect a 3am raid and a trip to Cuba any time soon.

You're a contractor. Life is unfair. Move on, get a better contract. Laugh all the way to the bank.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy1970 View Post
                Sorry, I just can't let this go.
                If you don’t let this go it will destroy you. If you protest then the evil public sector bastards will close ranks. There is NO CHANCE IN HELL of you getting anywhere with any complaint. People like that have a delusion that that they have their own version of divine infallibility; they do not make mistakes.

Let it be a lesson to you and everyone else: do not touch public sector work.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

If he really can't let go, he should stand for parliament, get elected, work his way up the party ranks, become prime minister, and then take revenge on the whole country. ( I wonder how many PMs were turned down for SC work some time in the past. It would explain a lot. ).
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I wonder how many PMs were turned down for SC work some time in the past. It would explain a lot.
                    Didn't Lord Kitchener turn down a young lieutenant Winston Churchill for something or other back in the 1890s, an Expedition to Egypt I think, because he was worried Churchill would write a critical book about the campaign?
                    Last edited by Marina; 19 June 2008, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                      If you don’t let this go it will destroy you. If you protest then the evil public sector bastards will close ranks. There is NO CHANCE IN HELL of you getting anywhere with any complaint. People like that have a delusion that that they have their own version of divine infallibility; they do not make mistakes.

Let it be a lesson to you and everyone else: do not touch public sector work.
                      The problem with this is that public sector work might make up the bulk of the work available in some sectors, this time next year.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X