• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood donation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I suppose if they get British blood in their people they might stand up to evil dictators instead of burying their heads in the sand.

I once had a swiss work colleague try to convince me their army was a force to be reckoned with - particularly in the mountains.
    You're not a military man, are you.

Read up on your history before you start making sweeping statements like that.

Read about why the Vatican Guard are Swiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      A genetic mutation leading to excellent bladder control?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The majority of Swiss were ideologically opposed to Nazi philosophy. This is why they weren't annexed like Austria was.
        I have seen the sound of music and so know you are wrong!

Comment

A Gay man cannot give blood? Well bugger me, or don't in this case.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You're not a military man, are you.

Read up on your history before you start making sweeping statements like that.

I asked my brother. He was not exactly quaking in his boots. Though he would fight anyone - and his number 1 choice for a fight? The marines - he hates them more than anyone else.

Comment

I asked my brother. He was not exactly quaking in his boots. Though he would fight anyone - and his number 1 choice for a fight? The marines - he hates them more than anyone else.
              Most Paras do!
              (And most of 'em come off second best!)

But seriously, the story of the Vatican Guard is a very interesting one.

Comment

I have seen the sound of music and so know you are wrong!
                That was Austria BP
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  A Gay man cannot give blood? Well bugger me, or don't in this case.
                  While safer sex, through the use of condoms, does reduce the transmission of infections, it cannot eliminate the risk altogether. men who have sex with men continue to be disproportionately affected by HIV and account for 63% of HIV diagnoses
                  Epidemiological evidence in the UK also shows that there has been a significant increase in sexually transmitted infections which can also be blood-borne, such as hepatitis B and syphilis, among men who have sex with men. Between 2002 and 2006, for example, there has been a 117% increase in syphilis infections in men who have sex with men
                  HTH
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I suppose if they get British blood in their people they might stand up to evil dictators instead of burying their heads in the sand.

I once had a swiss work colleague try to convince me their army was a force to be reckoned with - particularly in the mountains.
                    The swiss have the highest civilian gun ownership levels in the world. 6 million Swiss, 4 million guns in private hands. Everyone has to do basic military training and are effectivly reservisits until the age of 34. Once they have finished training they keep their army issued weapon at home with government issued supply of ammo. Once they are "de-mobbed" they get to keep their weapon, albeit first being modified to remove fully automatic capability.

So if you piss of a Swiss the chances are not only do they have a gun and ammo to hand, they have also been trained to use it!
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      The swiss have the highest civilian gun ownership levels in the world. 6 million Swiss, 4 million guns in private hands. Everyone has to do basic military training and are effectivly reservisits until the age of 34. Once they have finished training they keep their army issued weapon at home with government issued supply of ammo. Once they are "de-mobbed" they get to keep their weapon, albeit first being modified to remove fully automatic capability.

So if you piss of a Swiss the chances are not only do they have a gun and ammo to hand, they have also been trained to use it!
                      Well that explains the holes in their cheese.

Comment

Working...
                      X