• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women in IT...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    My last permie manager was a woman, and she was the most able, personable and focused manager I've known.
    Generalisation are both unwise and lazy.
    Having said that, she was quite fit, so that may have coloured my view.
    Agreed. I was being tongue-in-cheek.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      ...can be very good. But as managers they stink especially when they've been parachuted in without having worked up from the ranks. No sense of logic at all, too emotional and manipulative, not to mention just plain silly.
      I'm going to so enjoy exposing this one
      Plus they've got high-pitched whiny voices.

Comment

Working in Scandinavia, the women in IT are all hot and know what they're about. Which is real nice.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Working in Scandinavia, the women in IT are all hot and know what they're about. Which is real nice.
          Must a different Scandinavia from the one I left.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

How can you do IT from the kitchen, answer me that?????
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              I think they mean putting the microwave on for 5 minutes. Though even that is beyond the technical capacity of my gf.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Why does the bride wear white? Because all household appliances come in that colour.

<sniggers>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Why does the bride wear white? Because all household appliances come in that colour.

<sniggers>
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I have a lot of respect for female managers, even the ugly ones
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X