• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Women in IT...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women in IT..."

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I have a lot of respect for female managers, even the ugly ones

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why does the bride wear white? Because all household appliances come in that colour.

<sniggers>

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Why does the bride wear white? Because all household appliances come in that colour.

<sniggers>

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    How can you do IT from the kitchen, answer me that?????

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    I think they mean putting the microwave on for 5 minutes. Though even that is beyond the technical capacity of my gf.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Working in Scandinavia, the women in IT are all hot and know what they're about. Which is real nice.
    Must a different Scandinavia from the one I left.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Working in Scandinavia, the women in IT are all hot and know what they're about. Which is real nice.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ...can be very good. But as managers they stink especially when they've been parachuted in without having worked up from the ranks. No sense of logic at all, too emotional and manipulative, not to mention just plain silly.
    I'm going to so enjoy exposing this one
    Plus they've got high-pitched whiny voices.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    My last permie manager was a woman, and she was the most able, personable and focused manager I've known.
    Generalisation are both unwise and lazy.
    Having said that, she was quite fit, so that may have coloured my view.
    Agreed. I was being tongue-in-cheek.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I've only ever had one woman manager and she was a psycho..... I prefer working for men... less bitchy (mostly!).

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    My last permie manager was a woman, and she was the most able, personable and focused manager I've known.
    Generalisation are both unwise and lazy.
    Having said that, she was quite fit, so that may have coloured my view.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Does anyone know of any fit birds in IT or was that why the position of IT admin was invented?
    I've "known" one or two...

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Does anyone know of any fit birds in IT or was that why the position of IT admin was invented?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Hardly - she's crap and is already on her way to a big cock-up. I intend to help her on her way.
    If she was less arrogant and ignorant I would have helped positively.
    Are you sure she's not your ideal woman?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X