• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A complete cock!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are you trying to infringe their human rights by suggesting we cut off their nads?
    Aye, you've pretty much got the plot there!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Oh, those Iran hostages.

TBH, I think they were screwed over by their command.

IIRC the ship's Lynx was on the deck, rather than in the air providing top cover.

Asking a lightly armed dinghy to take on a gun-boat is a bit much.
      Apparently the captain or admiral, or whatever, needed the Lynx handy as the BBC were filming and may have wished to use it.

I'm sure every generation thinks servicemen of yore were tougher. Victorian army officers probably thought their troops had it cushy compared with the yeomen who fought at Agincourt (and maybe they'd have been right).

But you can only fight your own battles, and when you're in combat it must feel pretty tough going at the time in any age.

P.S. I'm sure shrapnel from a roadside bomb in Iraq hurts much the same as a splinter from a broadside at Trafalgar, or an arrow at Hastings.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Aye, you've pretty much got the plot there!
        Churchill for PM

Comment

Working...
        X