• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Todays no tulip sherlock poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays no tulip sherlock poll

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7433303.stm

Really, thats fascinating.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    They should wait a bit longer. More falls to come yet.

Comment

And to counter the BBC trainee journalist's view, here is another noob journalist's view:-

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

Comment

how will they buy when no one will give them a mortgage?
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Same old formula; state the bleeding obvious under the heading of "a recent report" or "a recent survey shows . . ." throw a few percentages in for authenticity, then wheel out an academic to back it all up.

Tabloid journalism at it's most inane.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

The BBC report is typical nuLieBore spin.

As the septics say, "Making chicken salad out of chicken s....."
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              how will they buy when no one will give them a mortgage?
              My thoughts exactly.

The usual blocker is being unable to come up with a 5% deposit plus all the other expenses needed (which for a £200K property in London is tricky for a couple of youngsters.) Even if property prices drop 10 to 20%, that doesn't affect the stamp duty and deposit required by much AND most lenders seem to want >10% deposit these days?

Hopefully someone much brighter than me will show me the error in my thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                My thoughts exactly.

The usual blocker is being unable to come up with a 5% deposit plus all the other expenses needed (which for a £200K property in London is tricky for a couple of youngsters.) Even if property prices drop 10 to 20%, that doesn't affect the stamp duty and deposit required by much AND most lenders seem to want >10% deposit these days?

These days parents are expected to help their children out!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  These days parents are expected to help their children out!
                  Agreed. Though I know of a mate who fell out with his Dad, who subsequently demanded a proportion of the equity increase when he sold the house....

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                    My thoughts exactly.

yep, most lenders do! i had a quote from Halifax the other week, they wanted 10% + all other debts paying off (both mine and wife) and would only lend £167k as we want to keep our current property. they were the only ones willing to offer at the min. i used Contractormoney too, but the market has changed so much... i was being offered up £400k 125% at the turn of the year. (altho i doubt i could afford that or want to commit to that much...)
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X