• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a good rate for contract project managers jr in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good rate for contract project managers jr in London?

I guess most contractors would accept less if they don't have a long experience in project mgmt so they can add this skill to their cv.

Any thought?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Right now, if you don't have long experience you won't get the job!

Got Prince2 Practitioner and a successful significant delivery under your belt? That's the absolute minimum to get past the CV selection stage. Rates are a complete lottery, but somewhere around £450 for the lower end.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Franco, do you think this is some sort of contracting board or something? You might get more response if you framed your question in a more overtly religious content.

I have done PM contracts as low as £350/day on the London fringes, but that was for something I particularly wanted to add to the company portfolio. As always, the answer is if you're prepared to accept the rate, then it's the right rate for you.

Comment

"As always, the answer is if you're prepared to accept the rate, then it's the right rate for you"

350 isn't worth leaving a permie job. 450 not sure either. Guess the best why is just staying permie until you can command a higher rate. Well, after all there is a difference in whether you don't have a lot of experience as proj mgr but much as an architect/tech consultant or you are just have a short experience in IT generally.

Now, let's talk about religion!
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Have to confess I have never seen a contract junior PM. Ever.
          Why hire somebody who can't do the job ?

What I have noticed is that there's a surplus of PMs in general. I've worked with many who all seem to be ex-military types. They may not have lots of IT experience but can manage projects as a whole.

No idea why IT attracts so many ex-military PMs but some are good and some are terrible. One PM I've worked with seem to manage a project by "shout, shout and SHOUT again". Surprised none of the permies chinned up ...

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            350 isn't worth leaving a permie job. 450 not sure either.
            Ah, now that's woolly permie short term thinking for you, Franco. By taking that £350/day junior PM role for 9 months, I was able to secure a rate of £1,000/day on the following gig. Which lasted two and a half years. Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              Ah, now that's woolly permie short term thinking for you, Franco. By taking that £350/day junior PM role for 9 months, I was able to secure a rate of £1,000/day on the following gig. Which lasted two and a half years. Which was nice.
              You forgot to say...

LB - In "Lying Bastard/Threaded" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Lucifer, you've sold your soul to the devil.
                It was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
                  You forgot to say...

LB - In "Lying Bastard/Threaded" mode!
                  That's fighting talk!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    That's fighting talk!

Comment

Working...
                    X