• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goodbye New Lie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    HairyArsedBloke, you'd get my vote.

I wouldn't go as far as executing anyone, although perhaps that was tongue in cheek (or maybe not ). But one of my reasons is along the lines of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me", in that having won three elections in a row the blame now lies not with them but us, so to speak, where the latter is a sufficiently large proportion of gullible voters.
    I am for the full hung, drawn, and quartered that is traditional in cases of treason. It should be done in public and shown on prime-time telly. Ring side seats and overseas PPV would bring in a fortune.

A recording of the execution should be shown to MP’s after each Queens’s speech to remind them what will happen to them if they dare to repeat this sorry time. This has been the darkest period in British history in the last few hundred years. The full story is yet to be told.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Little do they realize that the tories are labour in disguise these days.
      What crap. Where do you get your political nous, off the shelf at Asda?

The opposite is true. Tories are different to New Labour, but present themselves like New Labour because that is what gets votes.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
        The opposite is true. Tories are different to New Labour, but present themselves like New Labour because that is what gets votes.
        I can see where you're coming from, but what political party would want to present themselves like New Labour given their current woes?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          I can see where you're coming from, but what political party would want to present themselves like New Labour given their current woes?
          Not like current New Labour, like Blair's days.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
            Not like current New Labour, like Blair's days.
            Ah - so like Old New Labour, rather than New New Labour. Or something like that...

Comment

<- Exactly.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

So in summary,

The new conservatives are like the older style new labour who copied the old conservatives in order to get people to vote for them again?

Comment

Originally posted by pisces View Post
                  So in summary,

The new conservatives are like the older style new labour who copied the old conservatives in order to get people to vote for them again?
                  So who are the liberals then?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So who are the liberals then?
                    The English entry in Eurovision.

Doomed!!

Comment

Working...
                    X