• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    I've only been contracting 4 years myself, and always tend to look at it in the context of savings, i.e. I have saved up double what I would have in my previous permie job.

Similar game plan but longer and then a bit of

Comment

Thanks for the all the postive waves guys ;O)

The problem with contracting is when your not working, just feels wrong - would have been better if the time off was nearer fringe time, then I would not have cared!

Already the phone rings...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Personally I found dealing with agents on a daily basis the most depressing thing about being benched. Last time was 5 weeks between contracts so not too bad.

Hope you find something soon.
        It is better to be silent and thought of a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkNinja View Post
          Personally I found dealing with agents on a daily basis the most depressing thing about being benched.
          You remember the way that David Attenborough, after handling an animal, would always look at his hands to see if it had left something there that he would like to get rid of.

Agents make me feel like that.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Just learnt no re-newal this time. End of next week I'm looking for the first time in nearly 4 years...

Better make a start.
            You've worked 4 years straight and the first thing you want to do is more work? Are you nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              You've worked 4 years straight and the first thing you want to do is more work? Are you nuts?
              This is worrying your not the first to tell me so... thing is I've worked all my puff, not sure what I'd do with the spare time. Waiting until the first bairn comes along and then the plan is only to work half a year...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

At least you can enjoy the weather and time with your family
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bench duties are being dished out.

However the summer is not the worst time to be benched. Even if you don't get out for 8 weeks you can hardly say its a pita!

Comment

Get those walking boots polished, ....work ....pah
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Just learnt no re-newal this time. End of next week I'm looking for the first time in nearly 4 years...

Better make a start.
                      Sorry to hear that. The very best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X