• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Benched!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benched!"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Must say I've only been looking for the past 24 hours and the opportunities out there are fantastically numerous however the rates...

Will need to hang up my Norwegian boots for the meantime otherwise I'm far too expensive.

Saying that though there's a lot of possibilities allowing me to continue to work from my own office, which is nice. The thought of commuting again terrifies me! (no not the cost of fuel, spending almost 12 hours a week behind a wheel is just not funny)

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Blame MS Visio - it makes my blood boil, just trying to draw a straight line between 2 points. Should be simple enough...
    you've started work

easy there tiger

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Blame MS Visio - it makes my blood boil, just trying to draw a straight line between 2 points. Should be simple enough...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I would have thought a forum of mainly men would be more supportive and matey - women can be downright vile at times, in my experience as one!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Sorry, forgot:
    No offense, but
    "If you feel so bad about it you should be permie. Try the public sector."
    Only joking.
    Don't take it seriously.
    It's only the internet.
    In my experience it's the twat on the other end of the internet...

Practice makes perfect!

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Sorry, forgot:
    No offense, but
    "If you feel so bad about it you should be permie. Try the public sector."
    Only joking.
    Don't take it seriously.
    It's only the internet.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So Churchill gets a roasting for being a bit harsh. I get a roasting for being a tiny bit nice.

Whatever one does here there is always someone ready to critisize. Is it too much to ask that we could try supporting each other a bit?

I suppose any forum consisting of mostly men is bound to be like this. No wonder women run circles round men in divorce - women actually support one another. In f4j most of the useful stuff was done by women. I can see a time when women just do cellular division and do away with men for reproduction - Darwin at work.
    criticise

<OS in trying to be helpful mode>

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Wow, you'd think someone had passed away.

After 4 years I'd be bored with it anyway.

If you feel so bad about it you should be permie. Try the public sector.
    So Churchill gets a roasting for being a bit harsh. I get a roasting for being a tiny bit nice.

Whatever one does here there is always someone ready to critisize. Is it too much to ask that we could try supporting each other a bit?

I suppose any forum consisting of mostly men is bound to be like this. No wonder women run circles round men in divorce - women actually support one another. In f4j most of the useful stuff was done by women. I can see a time when women just do cellular division and do away with men for reproduction - Darwin at work.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Sorry to hear that. The very best of luck.
    Wow, you'd think someone had passed away.

After 4 years I'd be bored with it anyway.

If you feel so bad about it you should be permie. Try the public sector.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just learnt no re-newal this time. End of next week I'm looking for the first time in nearly 4 years...

Better make a start.
    Sorry to hear that. The very best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Get those walking boots polished, ....work ....pah

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Sorry to hear the bench duties are being dished out.

However the summer is not the worst time to be benched. Even if you don't get out for 8 weeks you can hardly say its a pita!

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    At least you can enjoy the weather and time with your family

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    You've worked 4 years straight and the first thing you want to do is more work? Are you nuts?
    This is worrying your not the first to tell me so... thing is I've worked all my puff, not sure what I'd do with the spare time. Waiting until the first bairn comes along and then the plan is only to work half a year...

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just learnt no re-newal this time. End of next week I'm looking for the first time in nearly 4 years...

Better make a start.
    You've worked 4 years straight and the first thing you want to do is more work? Are you nuts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X