• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do these idiots have a clue what they're doing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do these idiots have a clue what they're doing

This feels like they're saying "Let's try this, see if it works. If it doesn't work, we'll try something else".

He told MPs he would lower the level at which 40p tax is paid - so higher earners did not gain from the change.
    Well, I'm even more pissed off now, because my tax is going to go up! I obviously don't pay enough tax, so I need to pay more. As do millions of other people. Bastards!

Do keep up at the back

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...doing-now.html

Comment

Yet another cock up.
      Once more they implement change for change sake or to right some perceived wrong (a wrong that only exists in their world view), possibly to show how nice they are to buy votes.
      They dont think it through and the consequence that everybody else saw was invisible to them.
      Then they run around like headless chickens trying to put it all right again putting in a fix to a problem of their creation.

When will this social experiment end? When will they start running the country for our benefit?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

When will they start running the country for our benefit?
        Trouble is, it will end up "Meet the new boss, just like the old boss"

It would be interesting to see the relevant economic stats (inflation, interest rates, unemployment rates, standard rates of tax) from 1990 (11 years after the Tories last came in, and compare them with now (11 years after Labour's come to power). I wouldn't be surprised if the figures looked better under Labour.

It's getting more and more tempting to vote Monster Ravers.eyes
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

No

Next

Comment

yes

,aybe
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Trouble is, it will end up "Meet the new boss, just like the old boss"

It would be interesting to see the relevant economic stats (inflation, interest rates, unemployment rates, standard rates of tax) from 1990 (11 years after the Tories last came in, and compare them with now (11 years after Labour's come to power). I wouldn't be surprised if the figures looked better under Labour.

It's getting more and more tempting to vote Monster Ravers.eyes
              You cant do direct comparisons, the world has changed as has the economic climate.
              You are right, who ever is in power Government wins. They are all doing whatever they think will keep them in power.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Can we all go down to London and throw stones at the The Pigs again in protest? I feel one last riot in me yet!

Either that or I'll have to get on to my Accountant again to see how we can get round this one (sigh!).
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I'm not sure which amazes me more: the fact that people are surprised by politicians acting like a bunch of clueless idiots doing the first thing that comes to mind, or the fact that they imagine politicians from another party might do anything different.

All politicians are self-serving bastards who will say and do anything that might save their sorry arses come the next vote. The only difference between the Government and the Opposition is that the Opposition can indulge in pure fantasy and be praised for promising what you all want (i.e. the impossible), whilst the Government is stuck with trying to think of something that they might actually be able to do... but they can't think of anything that's worth doing, so they just try to say something that sounds good enough.

If the Tories win the next General Election, this board is going to be a hilarious place as you all bitch and whine about the fact that they're screwing you over in exactly the same way that the current lot are.

To quote Frank Zappa: "They just look after Number One, and Number One ain't you... you ain't even Number Two."

Pun, I have no doubt, intended

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I'm not sure which amazes me more: the fact that people are surprised by politicians acting like a bunch of clueless idiots doing the first thing that comes to mind, or the fact that they imagine politicians from another party might do anything different.

All politicians are self-serving bastards who will say and do anything that might save their sorry arses come the next vote. The only difference between the Government and the Opposition is that the Opposition can indulge in pure fantasy and be praised for promising what you all want (i.e. the impossible), whilst the Government is stuck with trying to think of something that they might actually be able to do... but they can't think of anything that's worth doing, so they just try to say something that sounds good enough.

If the Tories win the next General Election, this board is going to be a hilarious place as you all bitch and whine about the fact that they're screwing you over in exactly the same way that the current lot are.

To quote Frank Zappa: "They just look after Number One, and Number One ain't you... you ain't even Number Two."

Pun, I have no doubt, intended
                    Quite right Nick, it's looking after number one that's what the game is about.
                    That boy go raaaaaaa
                    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Working...
                    X