• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do these idiots have a clue what they're doing"

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    It's stuff like this that convinces me we need a flat tax that politicians can't arse about with too much.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Panic button

It looks like total panic has set in and Gordon is facing a people's onslaught from his bunker at No 10.
    Enjoyed Paxman interviewing Darling last night who kept contradicting himself.
    Better still, Ken Clarke who was on the earlier news, said:
    'Gordon might as well stand at the back of a lorry and go round and throw fivers to the people at Crewe!'

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Yeah, one year then reversed.

Ah, but that means tax going up for poor people in an election year.......

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Are these changes to the thresholds for one year only?

Leave a comment:

• HYpno27
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    I am with you 100% on this.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm not sure which amazes me more: the fact that people are surprised by politicians acting like a bunch of clueless idiots doing the first thing that comes to mind, or the fact that they imagine politicians from another party might do anything different.

All politicians are self-serving bastards who will say and do anything that might save their sorry arses come the next vote. The only difference between the Government and the Opposition is that the Opposition can indulge in pure fantasy and be praised for promising what you all want (i.e. the impossible), whilst the Government is stuck with trying to think of something that they might actually be able to do... but they can't think of anything that's worth doing, so they just try to say something that sounds good enough.

If the Tories win the next General Election, this board is going to be a hilarious place as you all bitch and whine about the fact that they're screwing you over in exactly the same way that the current lot are.

To quote Frank Zappa: "They just look after Number One, and Number One ain't you... you ain't even Number Two."

Pun, I have no doubt, intended
    I am with you 100% on this.

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm not sure which amazes me more: the fact that people are surprised by politicians acting like a bunch of clueless idiots doing the first thing that comes to mind, or the fact that they imagine politicians from another party might do anything different.

All politicians are self-serving bastards who will say and do anything that might save their sorry arses come the next vote. The only difference between the Government and the Opposition is that the Opposition can indulge in pure fantasy and be praised for promising what you all want (i.e. the impossible), whilst the Government is stuck with trying to think of something that they might actually be able to do... but they can't think of anything that's worth doing, so they just try to say something that sounds good enough.

If the Tories win the next General Election, this board is going to be a hilarious place as you all bitch and whine about the fact that they're screwing you over in exactly the same way that the current lot are.

To quote Frank Zappa: "They just look after Number One, and Number One ain't you... you ain't even Number Two."

Quite right Nick, it's looking after number one that's what the game is about.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Can we all go down to London and throw stones at the The Pigs again in protest? I feel one last riot in me yet!

Either that or I'll have to get on to my Accountant again to see how we can get round this one (sigh!).

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Trouble is, it will end up "Meet the new boss, just like the old boss"

It would be interesting to see the relevant economic stats (inflation, interest rates, unemployment rates, standard rates of tax) from 1990 (11 years after the Tories last came in, and compare them with now (11 years after Labour's come to power). I wouldn't be surprised if the figures looked better under Labour.

It's getting more and more tempting to vote Monster Ravers.eyes
    You cant do direct comparisons, the world has changed as has the economic climate.
    You are right, who ever is in power Government wins. They are all doing whatever they think will keep them in power.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    yes

,aybe

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    No

Next

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    When will they start running the country for our benefit?
    Trouble is, it will end up "Meet the new boss, just like the old boss"

It would be interesting to see the relevant economic stats (inflation, interest rates, unemployment rates, standard rates of tax) from 1990 (11 years after the Tories last came in, and compare them with now (11 years after Labour's come to power). I wouldn't be surprised if the figures looked better under Labour.

It's getting more and more tempting to vote Monster Ravers.eyes

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Yet another cock up.
    Once more they implement change for change sake or to right some perceived wrong (a wrong that only exists in their world view), possibly to show how nice they are to buy votes.
    They dont think it through and the consequence that everybody else saw was invisible to them.
    Then they run around like headless chickens trying to put it all right again putting in a fix to a problem of their creation.

When will this social experiment end? When will they start running the country for our benefit?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Do keep up at the back

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...doing-now.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X