• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone have an iPhone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
    It's not 3G? Sheesh...
    Nope 2.5G I think.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Nope 2.5G I think.
      Correct. The rumour mill suggests that the 3G version will be along in June - although I love the user interface and so forth, I'm holding off on getting one until then.

Well, unless somebody commissions me to write an iPhone app, in which case I can write it off as a business expense, and still get a 3G one later

Comment

Thought I did this post...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ghlight=iphone

Been using vodafone on mine since I bought it a year ago, after unlocking, tried using back to my N93 again, nearly lost my sight on the small screen.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think I read at the weekend that iphones are being flogged off at next to nothing because to many were ordered and the current stock will be obosolete when the 3G version arrives in a few months time.

Comment

Each to their own. For me it made perfect sense, prior to this I had to carry an iPod and a phone about, annoying. Now I have all of the aforementioned in an integrated device, the small microphone on the headphone lead which can be clicked to answer and hang up was a nice surprise a few days in too. I have had no issue with accessing my Gmail account or the web from it thus far, you get an EDGE connection in most places, which is 2.5G but has proven more than sufficient for my needs. If you are patient you could wait for a slimmer, higher spec version, or better if you are prudent buy one now and sell it on eBay soon enough before the next version is released to minimise depreciation.

I find it quite amusing that now more people are able to acquire the device, they seem to make an effort to wave it about on the tube, as though selecting a tune, so that everyone can catch an eyeful.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
              Each to their own. For me it made perfect sense, prior to this I had to carry an iPod and a phone about, annoying. Now I have all of the aforementioned in an integrated device, the small microphone on the headphone lead which can be clicked to answer and hang up was a nice surprise a few days in too. I have had no issue with accessing my Gmail account or the web from it thus far, you get an EDGE connection in most places, which is 2.5G but has proven more than sufficient for my needs. If you are patient you could wait for a slimmer, higher spec version, or better if you are prudent buy one now and sell it on eBay soon enough before the next version is released to minimise depreciation.

I find it quite amusing that now more people are able to acquire the device, they seem to make an effort to wave it about on the tube, as though selecting a tune, so that everyone can catch an eyeful.
              WYS - although given the likelihood that the 3G version might be out RSN, I'll still hold off for now. The guy who hired me for CurrentClientCorp and previous ClientCorp used the loss of his phone whilst on holiday as an excuse to get an iPhone, and appears to be loving the experience

There are days when I just think "The hell with it, go and get one" - so far I've devoted the walk to Fuzzy's instead, but knowing my luck I'll crack and get one the day before the new one comes out

BTW, love your sig - my sentiments entirely, but I hadn't been aware that somebody much cleverer than me had said it so much better; and given that it takes him so long to say anything, and therefore he doesn't waste words, I'm happy to find that I was thinking along the right lines
              Last edited by NickFitz; 22 April 2008, 00:57.

Comment

LG KU990 Viewty, much cooler than an iPhone...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  I was thinking of an N95 and the vodaphone consultant told me it was really bad and not to bother, but the iPhone seems okay.
                  The N95s I've played with have seemed a little flimsy.

Comment

If you are going to get one now (through O2) and take advantage of the £100 discount, you can also get another £100 cashback if you order it online through Quidco.

HTH
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

The N95 certainly *is* 3G. With a T-Mobile Internet SIM (different to a standard T-mobile SIM apparently), you can get a prepaid deal capped at £1 per day for Internet access (or you could a month or two ago). But then the N95 costs £600 to buy on its own, without a contract.![/QUOTE]

Wrong! 3 are charging £423 for the 8gb version of the N95 - this phone is better than the original n95 as it has had a lot of the bugs fixed. It's battery is better also. 3 are also more expensive that say phones for u. If you want a good deal on one of these then shop around to get the best price and then go to phones for u on the last Saturday of the month. Their targets are so high that they are prepared to do some decent deals to boost their numbers.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X