• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone have an iPhone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Sorry, I'm ashamed to have stooped so low. Hopefully it's a 24 hour bug thing and I'll be better tomorrow.
    Shame is big in your life isn't it PAH?

I might have a book you can read.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Shame is big in your life isn't it PAH?

I can't help it if I was abandoned outside the zoo as a baby.

I might have a book you can read.

Good, I'm running low on toilet paper. Save a tree, email me the eBook.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I was thinking of an N95 and the vodaphone consultant told me it was really bad and not to bother, but the iPhone seems okay.
        The N95 is brilliant. The "consultant" is an idiot or a con merchant, or most likely both.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          I'm thinking of getting one too although I might wait until a 3G one comes out. I also haven't written off the N95 yet although I think there is a N96 out soon. Not sure what that's like.
          It's not 3G? Sheesh...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

'Consultants'/Sales people in phone shops sell you the product with the biggest commission. Never go into a shop and ask those guys what to buy.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Do you work for Apple?
              No, that's just my truthful opinion. I used to work for a Microsoft agency and owned all the Windows Mobile Smartphones from the SPV to the MPX220 to the XDA Exec, and the iPhone is far more stable and useful.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                It's not 3G? Sheesh...
                The N95 certainly *is* 3G. With a T-Mobile Internet SIM (different to a standard T-mobile SIM apparently), you can get a prepaid deal capped at £1 per day for Internet access (or you could a month or two ago). But then the N95 costs £600 to buy on its own, without a contract.

An N95S was released some time after the N95, but I'm not sure how they differ apart from the fact that the N95S has a lower-resolution camera (than the N95's *5* megapixel camera) and may have GPS (unlike the N95).

I think they're planning to bring out a touch screen version at some stage.

edit: I just remembered, apparently a lot of fake N96S phones are currently in circulation. So it's best to buy from a reputable source and not some dodgy Ebay seller!
                Last edited by Marina; 21 April 2008, 17:49.

Comment

What do you think of it?
                  I've had mine since launch day and would heartily recommend it. However, I'm a Mac user, so the sync-ing of emails, favourites, iCal, iPhoto and iTunes is what I love. If I was a PC user, the pretty looks and useful interface might not be enough to convince me.

Comment

What do you think of it?
                    upgraded from a blackberry. Phone is crap, v basic. Ipod is v good. email is ok, however it only checks every 15 mins unless you do it manually. the predictive text is v good. internet browser is great, i find i use my laptop less at home as i just browse on my phone. camera is ok. all apps appear to be web-based which mean they run slow when not on wireless...

I really miss my blackberry as the mail and phone are much better, but the iphone is a great gadget and if they sort the phone at the next software update, it will be a great phone! with an upgraded phone and push mail it will lead the market. wasnt worth £280 that i paid, but i would say is worth £180.

just be warned, it might not be compatible with your car adapter should you have one. it doesnt work with my stereo that is designed for ipod. i was tempted within first fortnight to take it back, but stuck with it.

i do like it, a lot. there just seems to be a few buts!!!
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                      upgraded from a blackberry. Phone is crap, v basic. Ipod is v good. email is ok, however it only checks every 15 mins unless you do it manually. the predictive text is v good. internet browser is great, i find i use my laptop less at home as i just browse on my phone. camera is ok. all apps appear to be web-based which mean they run slow when not on wireless...

I really miss my blackberry as the mail and phone are much better, but the iphone is a great gadget and if they sort the phone at the next software update, it will be a great phone! with an upgraded phone and push mail it will lead the market. wasnt worth £280 that i paid, but i would say is worth £180.

just be warned, it might not be compatible with your car adapter should you have one. it doesnt work with my stereo that is designed for ipod. i was tempted within first fortnight to take it back, but stuck with it.

i do like it, a lot. there just seems to be a few buts!!!
                      Thanks scoob.

Comment

Working...
                      X