• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone have an iPhone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    The N95 certainly *is* 3G. With a T-Mobile Internet SIM (different to a standard T-mobile SIM apparently), you can get a prepaid deal capped at £1 per day for Internet access (or you could a month or two ago). But then the N95 costs £600 to buy on its own, without a contract.

An N95S was released some time after the N95, but I'm not sure how they differ apart from the fact that the N95S has a lower-resolution camera (than the N95's *5* megapixel camera) and may have GPS (unlike the N95).

I think they're planning to bring out a touch screen version at some stage.

edit: I just remembered, apparently a lot of fake N96S phones are currently in circulation. So it's best to buy from a reputable source and not some dodgy Ebay seller!
    Are you sure you've got an N95/read the manual? They definitely have GPS built in (an ex-colleague had one from launch - with a 5MP camera). The latest version of the N95 has 8GB of storage.

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    upgraded from a blackberry. Phone is crap, v basic. Ipod is v good. email is ok, however it only checks every 15 mins unless you do it manually. the predictive text is v good. internet browser is great, i find i use my laptop less at home as i just browse on my phone. camera is ok. all apps appear to be web-based which mean they run slow when not on wireless...

I really miss my blackberry as the mail and phone are much better, but the iphone is a great gadget and if they sort the phone at the next software update, it will be a great phone! with an upgraded phone and push mail it will lead the market. wasnt worth £280 that i paid, but i would say is worth £180.

just be warned, it might not be compatible with your car adapter should you have one. it doesnt work with my stereo that is designed for ipod. i was tempted within first fortnight to take it back, but stuck with it.

i do like it, a lot. there just seems to be a few buts!!!
    I'd say you downgraded...

I love the interface on the iphone, but I couldn't live with a few of it's shortcomings, so I have a blackberry for phone and email and an ipod touch for music/movies/webby stuff - I love it. The only fault with this setup is when out of wifi range, I can't surf on the ipod.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      If you want a good deal on one of these then shop around to get the best price and then go to phones for u on the last Saturday of the month. Their targets are so high that they are prepared to do some decent deals to boost their numbers.
      Thanks for the heads up Tony.
      Last edited by Churchill; 22 April 2008, 08:45.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Originally posted by Marina
        The N95 certainly *is* 3G. With a T-Mobile Internet SIM (different to a standard T-mobile SIM apparently), you can get a prepaid deal capped at £1 per day for Internet access (or you could a month or two ago). But then the N95 costs £600 to buy on its own, without a contract.!
        Wrong! 3 are charging £423 for the 8gb version of the N95 - this phone is better than the original n95 as it has had a lot of the bugs fixed. It's battery is better also. 3 are also more expensive that say phones for u. If you want a good deal on one of these then shop around to get the best price and then go to phones for u on the last Saturday of the month. Their targets are so high that they are prepared to do some decent deals to boost their numbers.
        Yes, the N95 with 8Gb was what I referred to as the N95S (and after doing some digging, I'm no longer sure this model name exists outside my imagination!) Also, Moscow Mule is correct about the built-in GPS.

But all that will soon be irrelevant when this little beaut is released!

P.S. One or two reviews also bear out what Churchill said about the N95 being a bit fragile for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          The N95s I've played with have seemed a little flimsy.
          I've dropped my N95 from my top pocket onto both carpet and lino with no ill effects.

I like the browsing experience (especially 3.5G), the "rotate me" (automatically turns the view on its side a la iPhone) feature and the MP3 playback seem good. I don't like the poor FM radio (IPhone doesn't have one though).

I like the look of the N97, so will probably upgrade next year.

(edit) looks like the N97 is a fake, boo (/edit)
          Last edited by Archangel; 22 April 2008, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post

I like the look of the N97, so will probably upgrade next year.
            This is probably quite accurate on when the N97 will be out...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

When looking for a new phone I demand the following feature list:

1/ must be able to take calls
              2/ must be able to make calls

It's just a phone FFS!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

It's just a phone FFS!
                Can it be portable?
                Or would you rather stay in the house with it?

Comment

It's just a phone FFS!
                  Never on-site where you can't get webmail then?

Many people demand more from their mobile communication devices these days -if you don't may I suggest http://www.retrobrick.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Never on-site where you can't get webmail then?

Many people demand more from their mobile communication devices these days -if you don't may I suggest http://www.retrobrick.com/

No I've never been on a site where I can't get access to webmail, getting excited about mobile phones is very very sad as are people who sit around playing with them.

imho
                    clearly
                    hth
                    may i suggest
                    another random gay phrase
                    etc
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

No I've never been on a site where I can't get access to webmail, getting excited about mobile phones is very very sad as are people who sit around playing with them.

imho
                      clearly
                      hth
                      may i suggest
                      another random gay phrase
                      etc
                      bum you later?
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X