• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What's wrong with your other arm?
    When you've has as many pricks as Brillo there's bound to be some issues.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Never, although I would like to since having all my blood replaced some years ago. I had Malaria, African Tick Bite fever and Green Monkey fever (but not the fatal Marburg - Ebola version) many moons ago and Brits of my age aren't allowed to give blood in Germany due to the BSE and CJD scares a few years back.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What's wrong with your other arm?
        I gave 75 in my left arm and 3 times in my right - the 3rd being the one at issue. Once the needle was in and the nurse was whinning at me I confessed to have done 2 hours swuimming and an hour of cycling before. She went bonkers and told me to drink lots of water nd eat iron rich foods.

It seems you cannot give blood 24 hours after or BEFORE exercise.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        When you've has as many pricks as Brillo there's bound to be some issues.
        I have never dealt with a big a prick as you. And I mean inheritance, not composition.

Comment

Oh, didn't realise you already wore out the first arm. Maybe let it heal for a month or two?

Can't they get blood from your thigh, or the big throbbing vein on your forehead when you think about MF?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Oh, didn't realise you already wore out the first arm. Maybe let it heal for a month or two?

Can't they get blood from your thigh, or the big throbbing vein on your forehead when you think about MF?
            I am hoping it will heal. Even if it does, I am not sure I want to go through this lot again.

Its not the vein on my forehead that throbs when I think of MF.....

Comment

FFS, blood people have phoned, mailed and emailed this week to tell me how short they are of blood.

So I rang to make an appointment. First evening appointment available at my local centre - February.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                FFS, blood people have phoned, mailed and emailed this week to tell me how short they are of blood.

So I rang to make an appointment. First evening appointment available at my local centre - February.
                They need blood around Christmas.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  They need blood around Christmas.
                  Then they need to run more sessions. Next Wednesday's session - fully booked. December's session - 1 appt available at 2:30.
                  Nothing in January. So I'm booked in for 11 Feb. Feck knows whether or not I'll actually be able to go then.

Comment

They need blood as an ebola epidemic is underway.

If they *really* wanted more blood to be donated they would have enough donation sessions to cope. They need more permanent centres - at least one in the city and one in the wharf.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I gave 75 in my left arm and 3 times in my right - the 3rd being the one at issue. Once the needle was in and the nurse was whinning at me I confessed to have done 2 hours swuimming and an hour of cycling before. She went bonkers and told me to drink lots of water nd eat iron rich foods.

It seems you cannot give blood 24 hours after or BEFORE exercise.
                      I just registered to donate blood again. As its in WAles I need to start again from scratch. As England and WAles do not share donor databases.

What a waste of money.

Comment

Working...
                      X