• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Donation 71 coming up today. I hope.
    I discovered yesterday I received +ve rep for this post and feel guilty that I did not donate - even if it was entirely not my fault and I turned up at the donation centre only to be turned away. So I have rebooked for 11th Jan.

Maybe retutation is not such as bad thing after all....
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 4 January 2012, 16:39. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I discovered yesterday I received +ve rep for this post and feel guilty that I did not donate - even if it was entirely not my fault and I turned up at the donation centre only to be turned away. So I have rebooked for 11th Jan.

Maybe retutation is not such as bad thing after all....
      I did manage to make my 71st donation yesterday. I booked my 72nd - but realized I will move offices before then! So I will have to rebook.

Comment

After having my first (of many to come) blood transfusion, I just wanted to say thanks to those who donate (especially the A+, doners)
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          After having my first (of many to come) blood transfusion, I just wanted to say thanks to those who donate (especially the A+, doners)
          I hope you get better. Good luck.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why A+. Isn't that quite a common blood group???

I've never given. Noticed today at clientco they are collecting on the 25th. I cannot remember if I'm AB+ or AB-? So what's the deal with the A+ comment?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I've never given. Noticed today at clientco they are collecting on the 25th. I cannot remember if I'm AB+ or AB-? So what's the deal with the A+ comment?
              If you have been tested and are AB+ or AB- there is no way that you wouldn't know but as your post was just a troll you knew that - didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by EricBartlett View Post
                If you have been tested and are AB+ or AB- there is no way that you wouldn't know but as your post was just a troll you knew that - didn't you?
                No. I was tested as a child and was told my my mother what I was, same as my brother. Hence the reason for not sure. According to the grid I saw, it looks like A plus is the most compatiable, so rare blood is not special when it comes to donating.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I hope you get better. Good luck.
                  Thanks for the comment but I am a genetic mutant vampire for life now

Why A+.
                  A selfish comment: thats what I need
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Nothing to do with me - I am A-.

But very best of luck and get well soon.

Comment

You are very lucky in you are AB. Universal recipient. It is actually worse to be a more common blood group.

In 1998 there was a Philip James and a James Philip on the ame hospital ward. One type O, one type A. Birthdays were not checked! The A person was fine - the O one died!

Comment

Working...
                      X