• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    correction - he called himself A Rhesus negative ?? (and he called me a right little B)

Ah - you can't disown him then!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      You forgot option they won't have you. Darn prossie questions!
      And the drugs ...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Same here. I was more worried about injections during labour than anything else. Had lots of blood taken and injections during that, so I think my fear is less now.

I'm no longer as horrified by needles, but still not sure I could voluntarily go and give blood - even though I know I should, I really should.

CM, it's probably one of those things that is worse in your mind than in reality (a bit like giving birth*)

*Scrap that, that was effing horrible.
        Oh Mary - I'm so broody - my best mate from home had her 2nd the other night - a little girl and I'm soooooo broody! In fact, the last 8 nights running, I've dreamt I was pregnant...

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

my dad was rare, AB-ve, he was always getting calls in the middle of the night, because they reckoned they could give his blood to anyone

Pale fellow, my dad was
        My Aunt is that - Mammy has to give her Iron Injections at least twice a month (Mam was the district nurse)!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Maybe shouldn't point this out on a public forum but....

An AB parent can't have an O child - O is the recessive gene.

So if you're A you can be AA or OA
          If you're B you can be BB or OB
          If you're AB you're AB
          and if you're O you're OO

You inherit one gene from each parent. Unless you have the Bombay Phenotype...

I knew O level biology would come in handy one day!
          Are you saying that one day we will all be AB?

Comment

Nope. It's like the blue eyes/brown eyes thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I went once and failed on the "at risk of malaria due to travel" question.
              I read the pamphlet before registering, and because of recent travels disqualified myself. I just never got around to doing it again.

And in certain countries you don't trust the hypodermics (the advice was to take your own in case you need them).
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

They don't want mine: Pernicious anemia
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

20 donations for me.............O Pos............Luvly!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Keep giving.

I can't, but I do receive an infusion every few months for 5 days. Apparently it takes 10,000 donors to extract the immuno globulin I receive.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                      Keep giving.

I can't, but I do receive an infusion every few months for 5 days. Apparently it takes 10,000 donors to extract the immuno globulin I receive.
                      well thats very nice isnt it ?

my little platelets are keeping you in immuno globulin
                      and my little taxes on the plate are keeping the snot globule in Downing st

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X