• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation 77 today - after MudSkipper forced me to cancel the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Donation 77 today - after MudSkipper forced me to cancel the last one.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Anyone considered donating a kidney? Mate of mine's mum did that - donated to a stranger, an amazing thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Anyone considered donating a kidney? Mate of mine's mum did that - donated to a stranger, an amazing thing to do.
          Yes. I am thinking of giving one of MFs.

So donation 78 today. They struggle to find a vein. Get senior nurse. Needle goes in and its pure agony. They get the vein buts it still under the skin - very rare.

I then reveal that I was swimming for 2 hours prior to donation. You have to not exercise for 24 hours before donation as well as after!

So im not donating until after my event. Will anyone donate in my place?

Comment

In opposite news I have not had a transfusion for 13 months, yay for drugs
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Yes. I am thinking of giving one of MFs.

So donation 78 today. They struggle to find a vein. Get senior nurse. Needle goes in and its pure agony. They get the vein buts it still under the skin - very rare.

I then reveal that I was swimming for 2 hours prior to donation. You have to not exercise for 24 hours before donation as well as after!

So im not donating until after my event. Will anyone donate in my place?

Me! Me! Me! Oooo! Look at me! Ive given lots of blood, aren't I selfless! Oooo! I'm such a hero! Me! Me! Me!

You needy bastard.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've been turned down 3 times.

Once for having had glandular fever in the not distant enough past and twice for having been in certain tropical countries during the previous 6 months? Year? Don't remember.
                Don't remember what there criteria were - presumably malaria, yellow fever etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Me! Me! Me! Oooo! Look at me! Ive given lots of blood, aren't I selfless! Oooo! I'm such a hero! Me! Me! Me!

You needy bastard.
                  What's your problem?

Feeling guilty cos you can donate and won't?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Looks like 78 might be my last! I have been in pain since last week and its getting worse. They had huge trouble finding a vein. Looks like I suffered nerve damage and it might be permanent! Nerve damage in forearm after blood test - Neurology - MedHelp

Comment

What's wrong with your other arm?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X