• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood-sucking NHS. We pay our taxes, we shouldn't have to provide our own blood.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      well thats very nice isnt it ?

my little platelets are keeping you in immuno globulin
      and my little taxes on the plate are keeping the snot globule in Downing st

It's very kind of you. Akshuly a slightly odd thing is that this particular blood product is only sourced from the states so the chances of their being any of yours is remote. Something to do with screening of vCJD.

But, anybody is welcome to a pint of mine. It's just doubtful anybody would want all the crap in it.

On a slightly more serious note the cost ends up being obscene. About 40k PA for the blood products excluding the care costs. Ouch.

Comment

I'm O-ve.

Gave blood about five times but I don't like tea.

In russia they have different blood groups, I, II, III, IV I think. Russian rock band 'Kino' had a song called 'Blood Group' - 'Gruppa kroviy (na rukave)' -'Blood group on sleeve
        ' I think referring to Russian Army doods who have their blood types sewn on their tunic sleeves.

http://russmus.net/song.jsp?song=S:1607120403#phon
        Last edited by stek; 14 January 2010, 21:43.

Comment

I caught malaria in Mozambique in the 1970's. I was told that I couldn't donate blood.
          Apparently you cannot donate blood for 3 years after recovery because the parasite that causes malaria can lay dormant in a person's system for several yeas.
          I had (suspected) recurrent attacks of malaria over several years, and after testing was told that I could not donate.
          However I have not had an attack for years now, I wonder if it's worth my while to go and get tested again.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            However I have not had an attack for years now, I wonder if it's worth my while to go and get tested again.
            Probably

http://www.blood.co.uk/video-audio-l...flets/malaria/
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              I caught malaria in Mozambique in the 1970's. I was told that I couldn't donate blood.
              Apparently you cannot donate blood for 3 years after recovery because the parasite that causes malaria can lay dormant in a person's system for several yeas.
              I had (suspected) recurrent attacks of malaria over several years, and after testing was told that I could not donate.
              You should go any try again. The nurses are really pretty**.

** that was a total lie. Ever year they seem to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                You should go any try again. The nurses are really pretty**.

** that was a total lie. Every year they seem to get worse.
                Now there's incentive for me
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

20+ here but have lost count now.

It's frustrating when I contract in Englandshire, scottyland or NI I find myself having to register on a new database - why can't it just be the one system?

I like how in England your given a battle bandage to make you look like you've just returned from the trenches. In Glasgow I'm fighting the buggers off to stop at the pint mark...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Donation 71 coming up today. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Donation 71 coming up today. I hope.
                      Good for you

Mines not good enough, else I would
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X