• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation 72 scheduled today for the East Wintergarden in Canary Wharf.

They have now changed the rules so I can donate blood every 12 weeks (up to 4 times a year)

I hope to reach my target of 75 in early 2013 - the main thing is to reach it before my 50th (27th Aug 2013).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

They have now changed the rules so I can donate blood every 12 weeks (up to 4 times a year)

I hope to reach my target of 75 in early 2013 - the main thing is to reach it before my 50th (27th Aug 2013).
      Wicked. New credit card coming up.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Excellent, just in time as I am having another transfusion on 06.06.12

Go on all of you… give blood so permies like me can carry on & complain about contractors
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          Excellent, just in time as I am having another transfusion on 06.06.12

Go on all of you… give blood so permies like me can carry on & complain about contractors
          Why are you having a transfusion?

I am permie already.

JUst read back and saw you are A+ : I am A- so will not be able to help directly.

Comment

Interestingly the rules have only changed for men - not for women :-

Female donors do not have the same levels of stored iron as male donors for lots of reasons. This means that they cannot donate as often as their male counterparts as to do so could potentially put them at risk of anaemia and NHSBT will never risk the health of donors.

SEXISTS!

Comment

Why are you having a transfusion? .
              Because my bone marrow is fooked (myelodysplasia) & won’t make enough for me, so a transfusion every 6-7 months to keep me going until it gets too regular on the transfusion side & they decide to do a bone marrow transplant which will involve me sitting in the big microwave, getting zapped & going bald (which will give me an excuse to go out & buy lots of very bright wigs)
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                Because my bone marrow is fooked (myelodysplasia) & won’t make enough for me, so a transfusion every 6-7 months to keep me going until it gets too regular on the transfusion side & they decide to do a bone marrow transplant which will involve me sitting in the big microwave, getting zapped & going bald (which will give me an excuse to go out & buy lots of very bright wigs)
                Sorry to hear that. Very best of luck with it and I hope it goes well.

Also you are brave to post that publicly.

Comment

Also you are brave to post that publicly.
                  I would not say brave: more of a coping mechanism: telling others means I have to accept it myself, but it does mean that officially I am a genetic mutant vampire (which is amusing)
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Oh dear - I arrived and the wait is 30 minutes! They had booked in 3 people every 5 minutes with only 6 beds.

I have rebooked for Friday.

Comment

Finally made number 72 today - at the West End donation centre. Very nice there - good building, lovely staff.

Apparently last week was manic - ever since an ITN news feature on them.

Someone tried to clutter up the place by fainting, then saying all is fine, then fainting again.

I was very quick to donate today - took only 5 minutes instead of my usual 10. I think the fitness regime helps.

I can make 75 by early Feb 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X