• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PArking wars update....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    My take is that one of your other neighbors has complained about your banger. They will think that it further degrades the quality of the road as well as worsening the overal parking situation (for them, not you).
    Knowing Wilmslow, he probably forgot the car was his and reported it himself!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Find out who -then get the local mafia to sort them out...
      Yes that sounds like the solution, a drive-by shooting - After bribing the neighbour's kid to leave their curtains open, just rake the whole place with machine gun fire.

edit: Hang on though, it sounds like Wilmslow has solved his vexing problem at last, by moving his car a yard down the road
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Totally on your side Wilmslow. Comes a point when nobody should put up with bloody-minded tulipe neighbours.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Having also suffered nusiance neighbours and a parking war, the best thing you can do is move. There is no end to how petty most people can get, sooner or later it will end in serious damage or violence. It's not worth the hassle and loss of QOL.

But hang on, I thought you had an offer on a house accepted? Why are you even bothering now?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Don't let the situation gradually deteriorate, with tit-for-tat annoyances mounting up until real violence breaks out. The best solution is to go for extreme violence in the first instance.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In Feb 2004 I helped purchase 20 bangers. they were abadoned on major routes into London during rush hour(steering lock on, oil on road). there to give support to protestors on gantrys.

find a local brakers yard, pay cash, give false name and address, wear gloves, keep the keys at a friends house. do it twice - once outside your house, once outside chavs house.

if you don't have the balls for it get HRH to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                But hang on, I thought you had an offer on a house accepted? Why are you even bothering now?

Especially when you have to declare any feuds you have with the neighbours when selling, so the new buyers know if it's a crap neighbourhood and best avoided.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  so the new buyers know if it's a crap neighbourhood and best avoided.
                  The seller I bought from declared the neighbours dog always crapped on the front lawn. It's still a decent neighbourhood though.

Comment

Make peace Wilmslow.

Put a flower in you hair, light up a spliff, hold up the peace sign and say to them in a hippie voice.

"Say no to parking wars man".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      In Feb 2004 I helped purchase 20 bangers. they were abadoned on major routes into London during rush hour(steering lock on, oil on road). there to give support to protestors on gantrys.

find a local brakers yard, pay cash, give false name and address, wear gloves, keep the keys at a friends house. do it twice - once outside your house, once outside chavs house.

if you don't have the balls for it get HRH to do it...

So that is what happened to my motor in 2004!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X