• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PArking wars update....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    My worry is that the note states that parking too close to a junction is a pointable offence. Is this REALLY true?
    Potentially. Obstruction is potentially pointable. Three points and a discretionary ban for the offence.

If you don't pay any tickets it becomes a criminal matter. The fact that the car is not registered to you is irrelevant. If they do track you down it will just hit you harder. They might even take the view that if you have deliberately not registered it you are attempting to pervert the course of justice. But only if you really piss them off. Not registering the change is also an offence in itself now.

Whilst your reasons might be worthy all you are really doing is stacking up a whole bigger set of potential problems for yourself.

Refuse to pay all the fines etc and we can start a free the Wilmslow one campaign.

Of course they might just take the view it's too much hassle to try and figure out what's what - but you are the soft target not your neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      Of course they might just take the view it's too much hassle to try and figure out what's what - but you are the soft target not your neighbour.

Register the car in the neighbour's name.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

So, should I admit defeat, flog the banger on Ebay and continue to evidence the neighbour parking outside my house, or, keep the banger outside like the neighbours are doing, given the log book is not in my name? This could get tasty....
        You've got to be a Troll, nobody is that dense.

Well, RRH is... Are you two fuqtards related?

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          but you are the soft target not your neighbour.
          Absolutely! Why will the rozzers bother with your troublesome and un-law-abiding neighbour when they can clobber you instead? Answer: they won't. And you're right, no it's not fair.

Comment

My worry is that the note states that parking too close to a junction is a pointable offence. Is this REALLY true?
            Yes

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Oh FFS get a life!
            WHS
            Kneel before Bod

Comment

Wilm-Slow where are you?
              That boy go raaaaaaa
              Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                Wilm-Slow where are you?
                << canned laughter >>
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

In a way I hope that this does come to a hearing, as I will be able to work with my local councillor to royally embarrass my local police as I have a catalogue of photos demonstrating how incompetently they have handled the situation!

Looking like other neighbours are complaining as the vans are now being parked out their house instead. Serves them right for not joining forces with me when it was my house that was targeted.

You can always dispute the ticket.

My take is that one of your other neighbors has complained about your banger. They will think that it further degrades the quality of the road as well as worsening the overal parking situation (for them, not you).

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    You can always dispute the ticket.

My take is that one of your other neighbors has complained about your banger. They will think that it further degrades the quality of the road as well as worsening the overal parking situation (for them, not you).
                    Find out who -then get the local mafia to sort them out...

Comment

I have the solution.

I park outside the neighbours house as that is a perfectly legal parking spot.

Means he cannot legally park outside my house then - or so say the local plods.

Then, just a case of working out how to deal with the mafia.

On second thoughts, just moved it up the road by a metre!

Comment

Working...
                      X