• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Smug housing thread ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Off topic I know but...

Where does this thing of calling everyone son or sunshine come from? Is it a Manc thing? I thought you were early twenties?
    I think it is a put down. Consider yourself dissed sonny

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Worked this cycle beautifully. Bought my first 2-bed garden flat in 1995 for 56K. Put deposits on a further 3 more during the course of 97-99. Rents covered mortgage easily. Upgraded the first one to a house. Sold the 3 BTLs for mega profit last year. Used part to pay off house. Loads of cash to invest in the next cycle.

SG in <<smug git>> mode.
      Still bleating on about your cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I think it is a put down. Consider yourself dissed sonny
        Yeah, I could understand the patronising implication if it was to someone younger but IIRC he's only in his early twenties. In which case it's just funny in an equally 'awww, look at him in his daddies suit pretending to be a grown up' patronising way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Yeah, I could understand the patronising implication if it was to someone younger but IIRC he's only in his early twenties. In which case it's just funny in an equally 'awww, look at him in his daddies suit pretending to be a grown up' patronising way.
          Its a put down to those who I see as inferior to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
            It's

So it applies to nobody then.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Still bleating on about your cycle?
              I was expecting this to lead to something about sas's menstrual cycle...

I can't believe he has a mrs. There must be some really desperate women out there.
              Last edited by Lucy; 8 April 2008, 14:12. Reason: spelling

Comment

But it doesn't work if you're clearly younger than them. I would suggest an alternative approach. There must be plenty of material out there.

HTH

Comment

You've such an inflated view of yourself, that must use it at the end of every sentence.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    There must be some really desperate women out there.
                    You mean like women who date geeks on an internet forum ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      You mean like women who date geeks on an internet forum ...
                      Is that where you got her?

Comment

Working...
                      X