• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BNP Founder Dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNP Founder Dead

BNP Founder Dies

British National Party founder John Tyndall, 71, has been found dead at his home in Hove, Sussex police have said.
    A veteran of the right-wing fringe of British politics, Mr Tyndall chaired the National Front, leaving in 1980.

He was due to appear in court this Thursday in Leeds alongside BNP leader Nick Griffin on race hate charges.

Sussex Police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Mr Tyndall's death which was reported at 0815 BST on Tuesday.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

The green bastard (well he will be after a few days)

Bagpuss in 'Joke' mode
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Why don't his followers follow his brilliant example?
      Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

Why is that Sparklelard?

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, however extreme they may be. Some wish for everyone not of UK birth to be expelled. Some believe that there should be no borders at all. And some are right down the middle. Just because they don't necessarily align with your particular views, why wish death on them?

If we went to the completely opposite view, would you feel the same? For instance, there are some groups that feel that anyone Christian or Jew or just white in general should be wiped out - do you wish death on these people or welcome them with open arms?

I am not a BNP supporter, and don't necessarily agree with their politics or their views, but I will fight for their right to exist.

Going back to the original post though, are there 'no suspicious circumstances' as in what you get in a normal suicide, or as in a David Kelly suicide?
        Discuss PDA/Smartphones
        Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

Originally posted by dazza12
          I am not a BNP supporter, and don't necessarily agree with their politics or their views, but I will fight for their right to exist.
          My sentiments exactly. Even the rights of scumbags should be fully honoured because it is the only way to guarantee that a decent person will be afforded same rights.

Comment

The air smells cleaner today

Good riddance I say.

I'd defend the right of people to have their own views but not when they involve preaching intolerance, hatred and incitement to violence. I can just imagine the views of the "defend to the death" brigade when some fundamentalist muslim cleric that preaches death to all Westerners is found dead in a flat. This little tulipe was no different and no better.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
              Good riddance I say.

I'd defend the right of people to have their own views but not when they involve preaching intolerance, hatred and incitement to violence. I can just imagine the views of the "defend to the death" brigade when some fundamentalist muslim cleric that preaches death to all Westerners is found dead in a flat. This little tulipe was no different and no better.
              The problem is that the BNP preaches nothing illegal, if the court case proves otherwise then maybe there will be a required change. Nick Griffin is planning something in court and was welcoming the charges. I think he is going to try and prove that Islam preaches intolerance and hatred and will propose that Islam should be on trial not him.

I saw the program that raised these charges and he was not guilty of anything. Some of the other BNP members should be put away for a long time, but Griffin did nothing outside the law.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

BNP Leader Denies Race Charges

British National Party leader Nick Griffin has appeared in court to face four race hate charges following an undercover television documentary.
                Mr Griffin pleaded not guilty at Leeds Crown Court on Thursday when he appeared with activist Mark Collett who denied eight similar charges.

Charges against party founder John Tyndall were formally dropped after his death on Tuesday.

Both men were given unconditional bail. A trial date has yet to be fixed.

Police presence

Mr Griffin, 45, of Llanerfyl, Powys, faces two charges of using words or behaviour intended to stir up racial hatred and two charges of using words or behaviour likely to stir up racial hatred.

The charges relate to two alleged incidents - one at the town hall in Morley, near Leeds, and the other at the Reservoir Tavern pub in Keighley.

Mr Collett, 24, of Rothley, Leicestershire, appeared in court charged with four counts of using words or behaviour intended to stir up racial hatred and four counts of using words or behaviour to stir up racial hatred.

The charges follow incidents at the Reservoir Tavern in Keighley, the Royal pub in Morley and the Falconer's Rest pub in Morley.

Outside the court there was a strong police presence and three rival demonstrations were held close to the building's entrance.

An inquiry into the party's activities was sparked by the broadcast of the BBC Secret Agent programme.
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Scumbag?? I agree. Nothing great about his motivation or his principles.

However, had the opinions of Tyndall and his like been influentual from the fifties we would now have a less crowded country, a less spoiled countryside, a better quality of life, at least the same standard of living and we would never have had the London bombings, the Brixton Riots, the Bristol riots, the Toxteth Riots the Blackburn riots... We would not have had all the restrictions on our freedoms in the name of equal opportunity or the need to "prevent terrorism" or have had make endless compromises to our own aspirations and modify our culture to accomodate the cultures of those who surely, as voluntary newcomers, should have moulded to ours.

Also this week the death of Edward Heath. A principled and essentially decent man who gave away the rights of his nation without consultation (not to mention the livelihoods of Britain's fishermen) for what he believed in.

Never judge by men's characters, that is subjective and we never truly know, judge only by the proveable legacy they leave. Tyndal was a scumbag. Heath was a principled man.

I am heartily glad one of these is now dead and it ain't Tyndall.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 21 July 2005, 21:54.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Whilst I agree that everyone should have a voice, I draw the line when that voice becomes violent and abusive.
                    Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

Working...
                    X