• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The experts thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you an expert in?

I know fook all, me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
      I know fook all, me.
      That's so old. Many years ago a pug-nosed greek tried that. Being a smart-alek p1ssed everybody else off so much, they made him drink hemlock.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        That's so old. Many years ago a pug-nosed greek tried that. Being a smart-alek p1ssed everybody else off so much, they made him drink hemlock.
        That's the sort of thing that happens to you if you don't accept that everything is relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
          That's the sort of thing that happens to you if you don't accept that everything is relative.
          Yes, relations are odd things. Does being an expert in a subject infer that the subject has an expert? i.e. Is it possible to be an expert in a subject, but the subject have no expert?

Also, are these relation things real, relationes secundum esse, or are they merely figures of speach, relationes secundum dici?

Comment

Yes, relations are odd things. Does being an expert in a subject infer that the subject has an expert? i.e. Is it possible to be an expert in a subject, but the subject have no expert?

Also, are these relation things real, relationes secundum esse, or are they merely figures of speach, relationes secundum dici?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Correct spelling, indeed, is one of the arts that are far more esteemed by schoolma'ams than by practical men, neck-deep in the heat and agony of the world.

Comment

Correct spelling, indeed, is one of the arts that are far more esteemed by schoolma'ams than by practical men, neck-deep in the heat and agony of the world.
                FFS! Nurse!!
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

What dictionary did you get that word out of?

FFS

Schoolmarm!

Ok SAS, you got there first.

Comment

No, the problem here is not with the word expert, but with the concept of a subject.
                    Take plumbing for example, a plumber can be an expert at soldering the joints, but an academic might be an expert at the theory of soldering joints. A third person might be an expert at teaching others how to solder joints. There might be a whole new method of doing joints that has not been invented yet, but when it is there will be a whole new set of experts.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Ok SAS, you got there first.
                      That's what all the girls say.

Comment

Working...
                      X