• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The experts thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    To be fair to HRH - he earned a few pennies today from us lot visiting.
    Good for him
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
      Yeah I hope you all clicked the goog le ads. uh hum.
      You are such a loser HRH.

Tick, Tock...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Tick, Tock...
        He seems to keep ferret amused though. I guess all mods need a toy to play with every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          He seems to keep ferret amused though. I guess all mods need a toy to play with every now and again.
          Personally I'm waiting for Ferret to get bored with his latest toy - then he can throw the twat out of the playpen!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Tick, Tock...
            Yes tick tock tick tock- I get thrown off you celebrate and have 'your forum' back and I move on, its really not a big deal to me son.

God loves you.

Comment

God loves you.
              So you are Chico then!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Personally I'm waiting for Ferret to get bored with his latest toy - then he can throw the twat out of the playpen!
                What he said.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  Well, I was trying to think what subject(s) I could consider myself an expert upon.

Then I started to wonder what exactly defines an expert, and how many degrees of knowledge do you need to possess to be considered an expert in a particular subject.

It gets even trickier when you begin to consider that degrees of knowledge fluctuate even within a given subject, eg, I could be really good at maths, but poor at algebrae, yet algebra is a maths subject. Therefore would that justify someone as being an expert, even if some of the associated knowledge was below par ?

Then I wondered about acquired knowledge as opposed to academical knowledge, and whether levels of either was required to be classified "an expert".

And then, consider this. I don't consider myself an expert on Board Games. I would consider someone who has played every board game invented, written multiple books and designed their own board games as someone approaching expert level.

Yet, compared to a Kalahari tribesman, who has never played a board game, I would be an expert on boardgames, because I have over 100 now. So, you see, "expert" is a fairly meaningless term, since it is so contextual.

And then I thought...flip it.

I know what I know, and I know what I don't know, and that's good enough for me.

....Of course, there are some things that I know I don't know I know, and some things that I know but don't know I know well, or know but don't want to know so..pffff.
                  Board Game Geek - Master of Brevity.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yeah I hope you all clicked the goog le ads. uh hum.
                    I hope not, as google will kick you off adsense, and all your other sites as well, for being associated with people who've been kicked off adsense.

And I know, the sites people here know I'm associated with just don't have adsense 'verts on them 'cause they go clicking all over just to get you kicked off adsense, (scum, and you know who you are, and so does google, personally I don't care as those sites are just for fun).

Although to be fair, when I pointed this out to google, they re-instated me.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                      I hope not, as google will kick you off adsense, and all your other sites as well, for being associated with people who've been kicked off adsense.

And I know, the sites people here know I'm associated with just don't have adsense 'verts on them 'cause they go clicking all over just to get you kicked off adsense, (scum, and you know who you are, and so does google, personally I don't care as those sites are just for fun).

Although to be fair, when I pointed this out to google, they re-instated me.
                      Yeah you have to be careful with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X