• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: Happy Slapping (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS et al A bit confused here. You want the Law to be tough, yet at the same time you want liberty to do as you please?

I think party politics aside ASBOS are a good thing. Just because a case might not warrant a custodial sentence doesn't mean it isn't making peoples life a misery.
    So those in the media with a political axe to grind can find some small detail in one to help prove a certain stereotypical opinion, it doesn't matter to look at the detail an ASBO was well deserved for that womanl. Ask those decent people who have applied for ASBOs if their lifes have improved I suspect its a resounding yes.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Bagpuss, what I'm in favour of is tougher laws for real criminals - crimes involving violence and fear. I believe in very relaxed laws when it comes to things such as nudity. I personally have no desire to explore such freedoms, but there's something deeply wrong about the human body being considered offensive.

The woman we have discussed clearly deserved her ASBO - I can just imagine her as the pikey neighbour from hell. Simply I object to the bikini/underwear aspect. What that is saying, in effect, is that the natural body is criminal and shameful.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

It obvious that the woman was being obnoxious in her underwear (Anne summers isnt famed for it's bikinis). If you have small children, a woman swearing tulipting in the garden, getting pissed and having loud parties is bad enough without her doing it in her knickers in public view. If you find this acceptable behaviour then you have had a very weird upbringing
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The natural body is criminal and shameful

Simply I object to the bikini/underwear aspect. What that is saying, in effect, is that the natural body is criminal and shameful.
          Some natural bodies are.

The worst place I've worked for seeing criminal and shameful bodies is Birmingham, about ten years ago when tight T-shirts and leggings had just come into fashion up there.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Some natural bodies are.

The worst place I've worked for seeing criminal and shameful bodies is Birmingham, about ten years ago when tight T-shirts and leggings had just come into fashion up there.
            Here's the woman herself, getting ready to go out and mow the lawn in her Ann Summers bikini.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              It obvious that the woman was being obnoxious in her underwear (Anne summers isnt famed for it's bikinis). If you have small children, a woman swearing tulipting in the garden, getting pissed and having loud parties is bad enough without her doing it in her knickers in public view. If you find this acceptable behaviour then you have had a very weird upbringing
              Being obnoxious is one thing. I don't have children, but I certainly wouldn't want them exposed to such behaviour, and I worry about the casual attitude towards violence we exhibit in this country. But I wouldn't be concerned about my children seeing a woman in her knickers - why? It's just a body, everyone's born naked and has to undress to take a shower. I might very well be concerned by the behaviour accompanying such a display, but not the actual display in and of itself.

you have had a very weird upbringing
              You're not wrong there
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
              X