• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: Happy Slapping (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... and I am saying there must be a reason for it.
    My most likely guess is that every time someone makes a complaint she puts in a counter claim of sexual abuse of some sort. To either make it not worthwhile following up the original complaint or to waste police and court time.
    When a neighbour complains she accuses them of being a peeper, when plod arrives at her door she writes an official complaint because the officer was looking at her wrong.
    There will be something like that in there.

Under normal circumstances I would see no problem with her wearing whatever she likes, but this is far from normal.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

For the sake of argument, let's say your scenario is true. This is where common sense should prevail. If a woman is wandering around her garden, in full public view, wearing just a bikini, then she can hardly complain if someone looks at her; it's courting attention. I would expect any intelligent officer, possessed of common sense, to reject her complaint and not take it any further. If that was indeed her strategy she would soon drop it if it failed to make any impression.

However, common sense in this country is a rare asset, and the legal system has become a bizarre joke.

Anyway, speaking of Sandy....
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

When all is said and done, and whatever else this woman may or may not have done, she can go to prison for 6 months for wearing a bikini. As critics of the ASBO scheme have said recently, it is being used to criminalise ordinary but annoying (to some) behaviour. When introduced there were civil liberties concerns and the government said, "don't worry, you can trust us to be responsible with these powers - these will only be used in the most extreme cases of persistent offence". Now, of course, they are being handed out like media studies degrees.

That is why it sticks in the throat to hear the same line of "trust us only to use it where necessary" being trotted out for house arrest, trial without jury, etc., etc.
        Last edited by Lucifer Box; 19 July 2005, 08:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          When all is said and done, and whatever else this woman may or may not have done, she can go to prison for 6 months for wearing a bikini.
          And won't the country be a safer place for it. Grrr, those bikini women are a real menace to our streets!

Comment

Bikini Grrrls

Lacking the decorum expected of her by neighbours, one young Scot has been banned from answering the front door in her underwear.

The 27-year-old also faces the threat of jail if she is seen in her garden or windows in just knickers and a bra.

The mother-of-two suggested fellow residents of East Kilbride got hot under the collar after she wore an Ann Summers bikini to do the gardening one steamy summer's day.

"Okay, so it gave me a bit of cleavage, but I don't think I was doing anything wrong," the Daily Record reported her as saying.

She has been granted legal aid to fight the interim order which, she says, was the result of a "witch-hunt" that began when her neighbours were given Asbo diaries to record what she was up to.

------

THE woman banned by a court from answering the door in her bra and panties said yesterday: 'I only put them on to do some gardening.'

The sight of Caroline Shepherd in skimpy Ann Summers undies scandalised her neighbours in a quiet suburban cul-de-sac.

And the 27-year-old ended up being served with an anti-social behaviour order barring her from 'answering the door to callers dressed only in underwear'.

Caroline is also forbidden from being seen in her garden or at her window in her knickers and bra.

The mum-of-two, of East Kilbride, Lanarkshire, could face six months' jail if she strips off again.

But she angrily branded the ASBO ruling a joke and denied neighbours' claims that she is a nuisance.

Caroline said: 'The underwear thing is ridiculous. It was a hot day and I had been out doing some gardening.

'It was just a skimpy bikini I bought at Ann Summers.

'OK, so it gave me a bit of a cleavage. But I don't think I was doing anything wrong.'

The sheriff who told Caroline to keep her clothes on later quit after being found in a sauna parlour wearing nothing but a towel.

The Glasgow sauna was raided by police investigating a prostitution racket. Sheriff Hugh Neilson told the officers he was only there 'to have a shave'.

Sheriff Neilson resigned after two senior judges began an investigation into his fitness for office.

As well as telling her to keep her clothes on, Caroline's ASBO bans her from making noise, shouting and swearing, holding drunken parties, abusing neighbours and letting pals use her garden as a toilet. If she breaches the order, she could be hauled back to Hamilton Sheriff Court and jailed for up to six months.

South Lanarkshire Council said the ASBO was granted 'after a series of complaints'.

But Caroline claimed a minority of her neighbours were out to get her and insisted: 'I feel like the victim.'

She said: 'A few years ago, I went out with a guy who kept having parties and getting in trouble. I threw him out and changed my ways, but a few people round here can't accept that I've cleaned upmy act.

'The whole thing has made me really upset. I just want to move away. This used to be a great street but it has gone right downhill - four houses were put up for sale last year. 'Nobody wants to live here any more. I don't know why.'

Despite Caroline's claims of innocence, one of her neighbours insisted she had put locals through five years of hell.

The householder said: 'Everyone just wants her to leave. She has caused nothing but trouble since arriving.

'We've had music blaring all night at times and her parties often result in huge fights.

'She lets people urinate in her garden and there has been all sorts of dodgy characters coming and going.

'She has totally destroyed the neighbourhood.'

Another neighbour added: 'I'd have liked to have seen more than an ASBO served on that girl.'

Caroline's is the latest in a long line of unusual ASBOs.

A Norfolk farmer was hit with an order to stop his pigs invading neighbours' gardens.

Teesside magistrates used an ASBO to bar a man from garage forecourts after he got hooked on drinking petrol.

Two 15-year-old muggers in Warwickshire were ordered not to go out at night wearing hooded tops or baseball caps.

And two Birmingham pensioners who invited prostitutes into their retirement home were served with ASBOs ordering them to keep away from vice girls.

Anti-Social Behaviour OrderGranted at Hamilton Sheriff Court

a) shouting, talking, swearing, banging doors and playing any amplified sounds (whether music, television or otherwise) within the subjects at such volume as to be audible outwith the subjects;

b) engaging in disturbances while under the influence of drink or drugs with visitors to their home either inside or outside the house or in the garden or the street and in view or earshot of their neighbours;

c) inviting or allowing an excessive number of persons to frequent their home during the day or night, by car and out foot, or permitting visitors to cause alarm or distress to their neighbours by banging on the defender's door and window and loitering outside the house and garden or in the street;

d) permitting or encouraging persons under the influence of drink or drugs to enter the garden and urinate in the garden, causing fear and alarm to other residents;

f) being verbally abusive to neighbours and from approaching them around the town of East Kilbride and directing verbal abuse at them.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

>> The sheriff who told Caroline to keep her clothes on later quit after being found in a sauna parlour wearing nothing but a towel <<

Truly shocking, he should have been wearing a 3 piece suit to have a sauna.

Mind you, was a bit dull of the bloke to say he'd gone there for a shave. Saying he'd gone there for a sauna might have been slightly more convincing.

Comment

A better ASBO

A Northumberland teenager has been granted every tearway's dream - an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Asbo) requiring him to get drunk and "to use threatening behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to members of the public".

According to UK tabloid the Mirror, the unnamed 15-year-old yobbo was legally obliged to carry alcohol on the streets of his native Alnwick after the order rather agreeably substituted the word "without" for the word "with". Accordingly, the lad was technically in breach of the Asbo if found terrorising the good burghers of his home town without an alcopop in his hand.

The Asbo was issued last February, but the cock-up was only discovered when the teen found himself hauled once more before the magistrates for apparently breaking the conditions of his Asbo, although the case against him was dismissed because he had, obviously, simply been doing as instructed.

An exasperated copper told the Mirror: "It took a long time to bring him to book and get him before the court in the first place. It is maddening to spend all that time only for the order then to tell him to go out and misbehave. It really does beggar belief."

The powers that be are, mercifully, now calling time on the wobbly rascal. A new Asbo will prevent him from "having alcohol in his possession or being drunk in public" and/or "causing distress with unruly behaviour"
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  >> The sheriff who told Caroline to keep her clothes on later quit after being found in a sauna parlour wearing nothing but a towel <<
                  Isn't that always the way? The supposed moral crusaders in society usually have the darkest secrets. Hypocrisy.
                  Friend of mine at school is a good example. He never got in to trouble, obtained good grades, went to church and sang in the choir, member of every society going. Studied to become a doctor. Yet very few people knew what I knew; that he was probably the most perverted sod I've ever met. Our friendship declined after he made me an offer which I instantly rejected.

Comment

Should've offered to do it forra fiver, Slave.

Perhaps the new line in tightening up the handing out of ASBOs willy-nilly is to ensure detailed consultation with the editior of the Daily Mail in every case?

Comment

Nah, Lucifer, just waiting for him to become head of the BMA, then I'll put the old blackmail skills into action

Daily Mail....now there's a bunch of outwardly conservative social wannabes whom I bet have their fair share of nasty perversions.

Comment

Working...
                      X