• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The I Hate London Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    I'm the opposite - I press the button when I'm just walking past with no intention of crossing.
    Foresight you see - I might change my mind a hundred yards down the road and decide I do want to cross it after all, and if the cars are all stopped that allows a nice gap in the traffic.

(and the thought of all those irate drivers stopped at an empty crossing is just the icing on the cake )
    We have "Pegasus" crossings where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
      My brother has a small Georgian house in Camden that's just been valued at 960K. Its no bigger than mine and is 2 mins walk from a bad estate, the streets are littered, thieves, chavs and vagrants roam the streets and parking is a nightmare.

London is no place to bring up a family, the only types that think it is are liberal latte lappers.

Where's supremespod when you need him
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Where's supremespod when you need him
        Woof!

Comment

Red Ken - now he's got a face I'd never tire of punching. His constant so called 'green' taxes on the plebs so he can fund his pet projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Woof!

Supremespod was in my top 5 cretins of the web for a long time....what an arse that man was.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
              Supremespod was in my top 5 cretins of the web for a long time....what an arse that man was.
              You need to surf more, although he is up there, there're, believe it or not, much more cretinous types out there.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                You need to surf more, although he is up there, there're, believe it or not, much more cretinous types out there.
                Are you suggesting the man start to read his own posts
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  - 60 min commute direct into Liv St (ok that's the only downside)
                  - No chavs living next door / opposite
                  They can't be that far away if you're a 60 minute commute into Liv St...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Topical ....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7318064.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Are you suggesting the man start to read his own posts

Im harmless, you just need to get to know me.

Comment

Working...
                      X