• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freemasons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want the female members of your family to get ill or die, then join the Freemasons. Apparently, the whole organisation is so ungodly, it brings a curse.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      If you want the female members of your family to get ill or die, then join the Freemasons. Apparently, the whole organisation is so ungodly, it brings a curse.
      Curses? Are you for real?

T

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If that was true then Freemasons would have died out naturally decades ago.

Comment

<offers firm handshake with thumb pressure>

Comment

The annual Old Boys Club stuff from my school always includes an invitation to apply for membership of the Lodge - never taken them up on it myself.

The thing that interests me is that it always says that "application should be made in the first instance through the office of the Headmaster" - which seems to suggest that if you're not on the square, you don't have much chance of becoming Headmaster of that particular school.

Still, that probably goes for all Public Schools

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I once attended the funeral of a deceased member of the RAOB...

It was quite odd.

Ivy leaves and such.

And forming a circle with the coffin as a segment.

That was over 20 years ago & it still makes me wonder.
              You should have seen what the VAMP members do ...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Does it arse!

Tell me where in the BoC it specifically says that!

The Grandfather thing doesn't ring any bells with me.

There's no automatic right of acceptance even for the son of a mason. If accepted there are certain priviledges for the son of a Mason, namely:
                • The right to be known as a "Lewis"
                • If there are a number of initiates then if you're a Lewis you can be moved to the head of the waiting list.
                • If special dispensation is granted a Lewis may join at 18, not 21.
                Are you a Mason then? Or did you get black balled? If what you say is true then there's no harm telling?
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Was going to join once, was invited and everything. Went along to a few lodge meetings. Realised rather quickly that the whole place was full of nepotistic idiots who had lots of "in jokes" and that all the rituals were a load of old mystical bollocks. It was kind of like a nativity play for adults. And the members took it oh so very seriously even though any sane person would burst out laughing at the absurdity of it all.

It's not sinister in any way - it's like walking into an episode of League of Gentlemen.
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    If accepted there are certain priviledges for the son of a Mason, namely:
                    • The right to be known as a "Lewis"
                    • If there are a number of initiates then if you're a Lewis you can be moved to the head of the waiting list.
                    • If special dispensation is granted a Lewis may join at 18, not 21.
                    I rest my case...
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
                      Was going to join once, was invited and everything. Went along to a few lodge meetings. Realised rather quickly that the whole place was full of nepotistic idiots who had lots of "in jokes" and that all the rituals were a load of old mystical bollocks. It was kind of like a nativity play for adults. And the members took it oh so very seriously even though any sane person would burst out laughing at the absurdity of it all.

It's not sinister in any way - it's like walking into an episode of League of Gentlemen.
                      I must have joined the wrong lodge. I haven't seen a smile, let alone heard a joke in three years.

don't bother is my advice.

very cliquey.
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X