• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar and Land Rover saying Tata

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    how is that france has got renault, citroen and peugoat

germany has: vw, audi, bmw, mercedes etc

italy has: fiat, alfa etc

yet in britain we have 60 million people and have lost our motor industry ?

Milan.
    I blame red ken and the bendy bus.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      how is that france has got renault, citroen and peugoat

germany has: vw, audi, bmw, mercedes etc

italy has: fiat, alfa etc

yet in britain we have 60 million people and have lost our motor industry ?

Milan.
      Why? Cos we don't need one. We just need "The City" and house prices to go up forever and there's no need to make or do anything.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You can wave Tata to quality then.

D I S A P O I N T E D!!!!! thats what I was just going to say

Comment

Why? Cos we don't need one. We just need "The City" and house prices to go up forever and there's no need to make or do anything.

HTH

Yeah, we've moved from a manufacturing nation to a service providing one. Shame the commies in China, and the rest of Asia are slowly stealing the service industry through exploitation and slavery, but while we can still buy our goods cheap from abroad we'll pretend that's not happening.

Anyone seen any reasonable predictions of what the UK will be like work wise in 10-20 years?
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            So now that the british car industry has collapsed and the british government has washed their hands of any responsibility for these workers... you're now saying that Tata could be a bad thing for these workers?

How about concentrating on how the british f**ked up their own motor industries.
            I'm not saying that Tata would be a bad thing for the workers at all. I'm GLAD that these people have had the reassurance that their future is safe.

All I'm saying is that the promise by Tata to retain British production etc isn't necessarily worth the paper it's printed on.
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Anyone seen any reasonable predictions of what the UK will be like work wise in 10-20 years?
              Not seen predictions for 10-20 years but I guess there will come a time when roles will be reversed and British companies off-shoring parts of their business will find that the Indians are off-shoring back to the UK!

Anyway I'm rapidly losing interest in work.
              Last edited by KathyWoolfe; 26 March 2008, 11:20.
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

They've already announced their new model.

http://www.b3tards.com/u/976e0482d5f...847/jaguar.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  They've already announced their new model.

http://www.b3tards.com/u/976e0482d5f...847/jaguar.jpg

If they're cheaper than the rip-off black cabs then it may not be a bad thing!
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    10 - 20 years? Look now at any UK airport on Monday morning. Loads of Brits on their way to where the work is. You don't see the corresponding thing in Frankfurt, Zurich, Brussels or Schipol.

Comment

You can wave Tata to quality then.

They have never had any, I had Both Disco's and Freelanders from new and the build quality is appalling.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
                      X