• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there is a lot of corruption in the British police. We've all heard stories of connections to the mafia. Kenneth Noye was invited into the Masons by two police officers!
    But Alexey is certainly right about the Russian police and officials. I've lost of count of the times I've gained an advantage in Russia through bribing the right person.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
      I'm sure there is a lot of corruption in the British police. We've all heard stories of connections to the mafia. Kenneth Noye was invited into the Masons by two police officers!
      But Alexey is certainly right about the Russian police and officials. I've lost of count of the times I've gained an advantage in Russia through bribing the right person.

Russia again ... Yawn !!!

Comment

Sandy, Maybe it is because you is black, init?

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
          Sandy, Maybe it is because you is black, init?
          huh??? what you are talking about ??? in fact I have always been treated extremely well by the UK police, numerous times I was let off speeding and crossing red lights ... but that's because of my ability to smile and flutter my eyelashes at them, plus my short skirt...

Comment

Corruption

Originally posted by SandyDown
            What do you know about me to say I have no idea??? I have lived and been brought up in 3rd world countries where if you need anything done you need to have a connection or an insider, and I know exactly what I am talking about..... just because you can't bribe a police officer in the street doesn't mean that this police officer is uncorrupt, he is probably more corrupt than you ever think... but uk corrupt policemen are not stupid and they go for the big money and suphosticated oprations...
            First and foremost I have to agree with ATW about the magnitude of corruption in CIS and former USSR. It is a way of life there, getting a driving licence, passing UNI, getting caught driving p!ssed. Its accepted, its the norm.

For somebody to come out and say that corruption in the UK is a prevalant as CIS/USSR is grossly misinformed.

Have you ever tried bribing the DVLA, the bobby, the post office etc. You can still get things done here without lining soemones palm.

Its not to say that no corruption exists within the bill, IR etc but the man on the street can avoid being corrupt here if he/she chooses to do so. I would agree that corruption in th UK exists at higher levels, but you can exist in the UK without being corrupt.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

What do you know about me to say I have no idea???
              I base my opinion on what you can possible know based on what you say -- you say this country's police is corrupt, and clearly you don't know what you talking about because you have not seen real corrupt police that I have seen.

I have lived and been brought up in 3rd world countries where if you need anything done you need to have a connection or an insider, and I know exactly what I am talking about
              We are talking about police here -- lets not confuse "connections" needed to get preferential treatment, and giving bribes to police to let off, or immigration officials to pass the border without checks on luggage.

they go for the big money and suphosticated oprations...
              Again you are clueless -- bobbies on the beat don't do that, their high positioned superiors might try to pull one off, but this does not affect country overall because what affects people is what happens on the lower level -- normal police you see on streets, not what happens in HQ with superintendant taking bribe from preferred IT bidder -- that's different story.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                I base my opinion on what you can possible know based on what you say -- you say this country's police is corrupt, and clearly you don't know what you talking about because you have not seen real corrupt police that I have seen.

We are talking about police here -- lets not confuse "connections" needed to get preferential treatment, and giving bribes to police to let off, or immigration officials to pass the border without checks on luggage.

Again you are clueless -- bobbies on the beat don't do that, their high positioned superiors might try to pull one off, but this does not affect country overall because what affects people is what happens on the lower level -- normal police you see on streets, not what happens in HQ with superintendant taking bribe from preferred IT bidder -- that's different story.
                Yawn... Yawn... you just can't take it that someone else knows more than you do, I have many friends in the uk police and some of them are bobbies on the beat, I repeat again (I know people like you need to be told things more than once so that they understand it) just because people on the street can't bribe a policeman, this doesn't mean they are not getting big pribes from somewhere else... now piss off and go back to your trivial search engine

Comment

How about we conduct two experiments:
                  1) you will get drunk, I drop a tip off to British police and you will try to bribe them
                  2) same with me with Russian police

Wanna take or you just know for fact you will get done for drink driving as well as briding policeman?

now piss off and go back to your trivial search engine
                  It is not trivial, but I am not suprised it escapes you -- your knowledge of searches is limited to how to run SELECT statement.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    How about we conduct two experiments:
                    1) you will get drunk, I drop a tip off to British police and you will try to bribe them
                    2) same with me with Russian police

Wanna take or you just know for fact you will get done for drink driving as well as briding policeman?

It is not trivial, but I am not suprised it escapes you -- your knowledge of searches is limited to how to run SELECT statement.

Yawn .... again I am employed, and get paid ... you are NOT

Comment

Yawn .... again I am employed, and get paid ... you are NOT
                      I am employed by my own startup, I see nothing wrong with me not being paid because this is typical for startups. I have not looked for job ever since I quit my last one and not going to for a long time, thus I can't see how your words about you being paid and me not being paid has any relevance.

Comment

Working...
                      X