• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police Harassment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I know of a couple of cases. it certainly happens.
    And miscarriage of justice also happens, the question is whether this is systemic or not - I claim categorically that this is not the case in this country. In Russia on the other hand bribes and influence from Govt in cases they are interested in is common place.

If you aware of a judge taking bribes, why won't you report it to the police? It does not seem to me that the police loves judges - they often make decisions against them (the police).

Comment

http://bp3.blogger.com/_3AkRloVuSJM/...l8z_Bronco.jpg
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        And miscarriage of justice also happens, the question is whether this is systemic or not - I claim categorically that this is not the case in this country. In Russia on the other hand bribes and influence from Govt in cases they are interested in is common place.

If you aware of a judge taking bribes, why won't you report it to the police? It does not seem to me that the police loves judges - they often make decisions against them (the police).
        Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Of course you are entitled to your opinion.
            Well, I tell you this simply - I am confortable having to deal with the legal system in this country, unlike Russia. Perhaps it's not ideal and much more corrupt that I have seen so far, still for me it is much closer to an ideal judicial system than in Russia, and that's what matters to me.

Comment

Ok, lets think logically here. Suppose UK Judicial system is not independent of Govt. Why then there are plenty of IR35 wins? Clearly such wins are a great embarassment to the Govt, do you think the Govt "allows" not-so-independent judiciary to have these wins in order to show the world they are independent, or maybe they actually are independent?

Try winning a tax case in Russia - maybe only possible if you give huge bribe to Kremlin buddies.

Comment

AtW - have you been divorced?

If you ever have the misfortune to get divorced you would be far better off in the Russian courts....

Comment

Try winning a tax case in Russia - maybe only possible if you give huge bribe to Kremlin buddies.
                  Try getting a peerage in the uk - only possible if you give a huge bribe to your Liebour buddies....

Comment

Fine, appeal then. He did not say he'd kill your family if you did, did he? There ways to deal with these people - you need to appeal and you will win in the end. Btw, what you say is not sign of lack of independence at all - you may say the decision is unjust, which it probably is.

I don't believe it is systematic - bride taking in this country is not exactly a common thing.

What this has got to do with independence of courts from Govt?
                    Appeal for speeding? What planet are you on? It costs a minimum of £3000 to appeal for speeding but more likely £30,000

The problem with you AtW and people with your opinion is that everything is fine until the time comes and it affects you.

I was a passenger in car in London. The driver was stopped by the police to be breathalysed. £50 was handed over and the driver let go. Corruption is just as rife in the UK as in Russia. The difference is that in the UK they are more clever at covering it up.
                    Last edited by Paddy; 21 March 2008, 19:07.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      everything is fine until the times comes and it affects you.
                      how very very very true.

I have helped so many people through f4j who have taken much and given little. Eventually I became sick of it and had to retire - but I can say I did more than most. And one day, when the kids are grown up, I will return to the fray.

Comment

Working...
                      X