• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TESCOS....A threat to consumer safety ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I will check the other cartons the next time that I am in the store.

Thanks for this. I don't know what we'd do without you.

Comment

It sounds like it, and if so, I am less than impressed with Tesco 'Customer Services'. I will check the other cartons the next time that I am in the store.

If only there was a contractor on here who worked at Tescos that you could turn to, eh?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Did they take a kidney or just bum you?

Churchill

He was happy with just taking my fifty quids worth of Brazilian Reals

Comment

It sounds like it, and if so, I am less than impressed with Tesco 'Customer Services'. I will check the other cartons the next time that I am in the store.

Tesco's customer service is s***,

I no longer shop there because the staff treat you like a problem rather than someone who keeps them employed, and thats even before you have a problem with one of their products.

I find staff at every other supermarket better.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If only there was a contractor on here who worked at Tescos that you could turn to, eh?
            was contracted to

HTH

Comment

Has anybody else come across this situation and drunk the contents without any concern?
              Tropicana cartons no longer have that plastic ring pull, and haven't done for ages.

Update:

Elocap currently produces and supplies caps to Europe's leading companies in the liquid food market, including
              Campina, Delta Dairy, Tropicana, Coca-Cola, Arla Foods, and many more.

Elocap caps are easy to fit, re-sealable, and secured with tamper-resistance and leak-proof designs.

See http://www.plastiv.com/rc/elocap/ite...tric=1&Group=8
              Last edited by Platypus; 18 March 2008, 14:28.

Comment

Well, the assistant looked at me as if I was crazy, but there have been instances in the past of drinks in supermarkets being laced with poison, so to abandon the use of safety tops makes me think that THEY are crazy!!
                <denny>Ring up, complain, have the assistant fired, then shot for good measure </denny>

Comment

He was happy with just taking my fifty quids worth of Brazilian Reals
                  Reais

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Tropicana cartons no longer have that plastic ring pull, and haven't done for ages.
                    No, but the tops are initially connected to the spout, so any tampering is evident.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      No, but the tops are initially connected to the spout, so any tampering is evident.
                      Correct. See my geeky update

Comment

Working...
                      X