• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "TESCOS....A threat to consumer safety ?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    You guys are so tame.

I was in a Tesco in the Czech Republic when some guy took 15 items through a 10 items or less checkout. She made him choose which 5 items he didn't want then threw the basket across the checkout.

That's customer service. I bet he won't try that again.

The thing that annoys me is Tesco has a pretense of being a higher standing supermarket, there as in Aldi and the other cheap ones who state they are cheap there is no pretense and the service is actually better.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I bought some Tesco’s finest dolmades only to find the jaw unscrewed without any resistance or the usual pop from the vacuum release, lucky I had a spare tin from a branded manufacturer.

Tesco's are getting a bit too 'Asda' for my liking, back to Sainsbury's in future.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
    Wilmslow???!!

or rather WILMS.............

OK, I'll do it.

<<canned laughter>>

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    You guys are so tame.

I was in a Tesco in the Czech Republic when some guy took 15 items through a 10 items or less checkout. She made him choose which 5 items he didn't want then threw the basket across the checkout.

I'd love to see that happen more often here.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Tesco's customer service is s***,

I no longer shop there because the staff treat you like a problem rather than someone who keeps them employed, and thats even before you have a problem with one of their products.

I find staff at every other supermarket better.
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed.

Heard one assistant tell a customer to "use your flipping eyes" when asked where something was.
    You guys are so tame.

Leave a comment:

• HYpno27
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

Am I paranoid, or does anybody else share my concerns?

Wilmslow???!!

or rather WILMS.............

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    No, but the tops are initially connected to the spout, so any tampering is evident.
    Correct. See my geeky update

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Tropicana cartons no longer have that plastic ring pull, and haven't done for ages.
    No, but the tops are initially connected to the spout, so any tampering is evident.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    He was happy with just taking my fifty quids worth of Brazilian Reals
    Reais

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Well, the assistant looked at me as if I was crazy, but there have been instances in the past of drinks in supermarkets being laced with poison, so to abandon the use of safety tops makes me think that THEY are crazy!!
    <denny>Ring up, complain, have the assistant fired, then shot for good measure </denny>

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Has anybody else come across this situation and drunk the contents without any concern?
    Tropicana cartons no longer have that plastic ring pull, and haven't done for ages.

Update:

Elocap currently produces and supplies caps to Europe's leading companies in the liquid food market, including
    Campina, Delta Dairy, Tropicana, Coca-Cola, Arla Foods, and many more.

Elocap caps are easy to fit, re-sealable, and secured with tamper-resistance and leak-proof designs.

See http://www.plastiv.com/rc/elocap/ite...tric=1&Group=8
    Last edited by Platypus; 18 March 2008, 14:28.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If only there was a contractor on here who worked at Tescos that you could turn to, eh?
    was contracted to

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It sounds like it, and if so, I am less than impressed with Tesco 'Customer Services'. I will check the other cartons the next time that I am in the store.

Tesco's customer service is s***,

I no longer shop there because the staff treat you like a problem rather than someone who keeps them employed, and thats even before you have a problem with one of their products.

I find staff at every other supermarket better.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Did they take a kidney or just bum you?

Churchill

He was happy with just taking my fifty quids worth of Brazilian Reals

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    It sounds like it, and if so, I am less than impressed with Tesco 'Customer Services'. I will check the other cartons the next time that I am in the store.

If only there was a contractor on here who worked at Tescos that you could turn to, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X