• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Real Reason For the Current Storm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
    Only on this board could a post about the end of the world end up with a comment about old ladies farting.

Sheer genius.
    How will the world end? Not with a bang, but an old lady's fart.

Almost poetic.

Comment

It's not over till the fat lady farts?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Its called chaos theory
        An old woman flaps her bingo wings and El nino goes loopy

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Its called chaos theory
          An old woman flaps her bingo wings and El nino goes loopy:
          If an old lady farts in the forest, and there is no-one there to hear it, does she make a sound?

Comment

Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
            If an old lady farts in the forest, and there is no-one there to hear it, does she make a sound?
            I fart to the trees...

Clint Eastwood - Paint your wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
              Clearly depends on the type of flatulance

check out fart.type in the 'farters guide to immortality' manual

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Totally hyped

This morning, despite yesterday's doom predictions of a repeat of October1987's damage, they still try and keep all the hype that worse is yet to come tonight.
                Storm in a teacup, more likely.

Comment

I'd just like to address an inaccuracy here.

In fact, the storm was well-forecast. Forecasts are based on model output data: there was good agreement with this for a track across N England at the end of last week and over the weekend the output started to produce solutions with an increasingly southern track and forecasts were updated accordingly.

Severe weather, with trees down, power disruption, structural damage and coastal flooding occurred at locations across S Wales, the SW corner of England and the Channel Islands. Anyone reading the latest from the Met Office on Sunday would have agreed that this was a good call by them.

Tomorrows morning Storm will track further North - I expect 60 mph plus winds across a wide area of Central / North England. This is actually quite high wind speeds fro inland areas and it will result in damage / transport problems.
                  www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
                    I'd just like to address an inaccuracy here.

In fact, the storm was well-forecast. Forecasts are based on model output data: there was good agreement with this for a track across N England at the end of last week and over the weekend the output started to produce solutions with an increasingly southern track and forecasts were updated accordingly.

Severe weather, with trees down, power disruption, structural damage and coastal flooding occurred at locations across S Wales, the SW corner of England and the Channel Islands. Anyone reading the latest from the Met Office on Sunday would have agreed that this was a good call by them.

Tomorrows morning Storm will track further North - I expect 60 mph plus winds across a wide area of Central / North England. This is actually quite high wind speeds fro inland areas and it will result in damage / transport problems.

Sunny and dry in Swindon mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X