• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Real Reason For the Current Storm"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman View Post
    I'd just like to address an inaccuracy here.

In fact, the storm was well-forecast. Forecasts are based on model output data: there was good agreement with this for a track across N England at the end of last week and over the weekend the output started to produce solutions with an increasingly southern track and forecasts were updated accordingly.

Severe weather, with trees down, power disruption, structural damage and coastal flooding occurred at locations across S Wales, the SW corner of England and the Channel Islands. Anyone reading the latest from the Met Office on Sunday would have agreed that this was a good call by them.

Tomorrows morning Storm will track further North - I expect 60 mph plus winds across a wide area of Central / North England. This is actually quite high wind speeds fro inland areas and it will result in damage / transport problems.

Sunny and dry in Swindon mate.

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    I'd just like to address an inaccuracy here.

In fact, the storm was well-forecast. Forecasts are based on model output data: there was good agreement with this for a track across N England at the end of last week and over the weekend the output started to produce solutions with an increasingly southern track and forecasts were updated accordingly.

Severe weather, with trees down, power disruption, structural damage and coastal flooding occurred at locations across S Wales, the SW corner of England and the Channel Islands. Anyone reading the latest from the Met Office on Sunday would have agreed that this was a good call by them.

Tomorrows morning Storm will track further North - I expect 60 mph plus winds across a wide area of Central / North England. This is actually quite high wind speeds fro inland areas and it will result in damage / transport problems.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Totally hyped

This morning, despite yesterday's doom predictions of a repeat of October1987's damage, they still try and keep all the hype that worse is yet to come tonight.
    Storm in a teacup, more likely.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
    If an old lady farts in the forest, and there is no-one there to hear it, does she make a sound?
    Clearly depends on the type of flatulance

check out fart.type in the 'farters guide to immortality' manual

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
    If an old lady farts in the forest, and there is no-one there to hear it, does she make a sound?
    I fart to the trees...

Clint Eastwood - Paint your wagon.

Leave a comment:

• HYpno27
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Its called chaos theory
    An old woman flaps her bingo wings and El nino goes loopy:

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Its called chaos theory
    An old woman flaps her bingo wings and El nino goes loopy

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It's not over till the fat lady farts?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
    Only on this board could a post about the end of the world end up with a comment about old ladies farting.

Sheer genius.
    How will the world end? Not with a bang, but an old lady's fart.

Almost poetic.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I heard an old lady blow off. The smell made tears run down my cheeks.
    Only on this board could a post about the end of the world end up with a comment about old ladies farting.

Sheer genius.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I saw an old ladies hat blow off.

scary moment.
    I heard an old lady blow off. The smell made tears run down my cheeks.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Suicide Grannies now? What will the b**tards think of next?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I saw her skirt blow up. Even scarier.
    Suicide Grannies now? What will the b**tards think of next?

Leave a comment:

• HYpno27
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I saw her skirt blow up. Even scarier.

Then she flew up in the air carrying an umbrella.....

.....no wait that was Mary Poppins

sorry

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Nurse! More tablets please.

I like Nicky G - he makes me look sane...
    and thats no mean feat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X